• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Long tube headers

Ryanmk12

Hey I want to put a pair of long tube headers on my 75. It has a 302 with the 3 on the tree. Do I need to relocate my shifter to the floor for this install, or can the linkage work with the new headers? Thanks.

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I think the headers sold by the vendors should work with stock setups...give 'em a call & ask 'em....

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
yeah, never heard or needing to relocate the shift linkage. Lots of people do of course, but for other reasons usually anyway.
I've heard of some clutch linkage issues with some, but from the big header manufacturers it's usually listed i their special notes. From the Bronco vendors it's usually not an issue.
Duff was one of the first to claim that their headers fit with no problems I think, but Wild Horses, BC, Tom's and JBG all have some flavor or another that should work.
Lot of members here are going to the shorties for conveniences more than anything else, but still quite a few running long-tubers too, so some more feedback should be forthcoming soon from them.

Paul

moe d

Loc.
chicago, il
your fine.. only time you'll have a header issue will be if/when u upgrade to GT40P heads..