• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Long wheelbase CB factory?

Biohazard

Loc.
Central Arkansas
A guy I work with claims to have a factory long wheelbase early bronco. His brother claims it is a 63 (yeah.....right....) but since it has been sitting at their old deer camp for the last 40yrs, he's not certain. As I'm typing this into my phone, his wife is digging around for the title in a file cabinet.

He describes it as a bronco that looks like my 72, but it's much longer and has two back bench seats instead of one. He's not much of a gear head, so of course none of this is fact as of yet. When or if the wife finds the title she's gonna shoot me a pic of it with yr and vin.

Is this something that I've just never seen or heard of before? He says it will be for sale if it's worth anything, so I'm looking for any info. I'm thinking if it is as he says, it's possibly a custom built rig (was anyone building these 40yrs ago........?) but I'm no bronco historian, so I won't even offer a guess........... But I am very curious..........

TN1776

Bronco Guru
It's either stretched (has been done a few times) or it is not a Bronco.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Could be something like this :eek:

pizapcom14207511261661.jpg
[/url]
upload images free[/IMG]

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
Scout 2 has plenty of room for two bench seats in the back...I would bet that's what it is

House

Minutia Militia
Scout II's didn't come out until 1971 though...

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Jeep scramblers were early eighties I think. The neighbor down the road had an 82' and I think he said it was the first year or so IIRC.