• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Longer radius arms/Which C bushings to use?

maws75

I`m installing longer radius arms and wondering which C bushings to use. I have a set that came with the 3.5 lift I think they are 6 degrees or should I go back to 2 degree bushings? The arms are 12 inches longer. Any heip would be great.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
You should use whatever came with the kit. Otherwise, its difficult to say without knowing which arms you have bought and whether or not they have castor built into them already or not. Depending on whihc arms you have, some of the arms out there are stock arms that have been lengthened, if thats what you have then you need to use whatever is normal for a 3.5" lift, I believe. I think you are confused b/c of the other member on here who is having problems with his particular vehicle. Unfortunately, it appears somethign is uniquely wrong with his particular job (either the arms set or the axle); lots and lots of folks have installed the long arms (from various vendors without these complications). So, if you can provide more info, then you will get more info, without knowing what you are working with, its difficult to say anything. You could always call whoever you bought the arms from and ask what they would recommend. HTH

OP
OP
M

maws75

I don`t know who made the arms ,I bought them off ebay awhile back. The arms are not the tube style like cages or duffs they look like they just added 12inches with flat plate andnew threaded ends.

braxton357

Loc.
morganton NC
It depends on the height of the frame mount and where it is, as well as if there was any caster built into the arms--purposefully or not--. Your best bet is to put it together with the bushings you have, put the vehicle's weight on the axle, then measure caster. If it's too far off then try another set that's +- the correct degree. The 6* will probably work.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
I think most of the arms sold were set up for stock bushings(without any added degrees)on a 3 1/2" lift. The only way to know for sure is install it and check how it sits.