• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Look Boss, Da Flames!!!

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Sadness......

....I think you all may remember the Primate who's float kept sticking. Well, I took it back, they rechecked the floats, then I rebuilt the carb myself to learn how.

I went out tonight to start her up & she barfed fuel........right onto the ballast resister coil......POOF!!!!! lots of flames, lots & lots of bright orange flames...........

Luckily, I had the extinguisher right there.

Needless to say, I'll not be driving her any time soon. No she isn't ruined. The weather pack at the firewall is a puddle of goo, the wires on the rear of the engine are a puddle of goo, and all the vacuum lines are ashes.

I wonder if this is a sign for me to ditch that F#@KING two barrel for a NEW one or a NEW 4 barrel.

My weekend is officially starting off on the wrong foot.

I think I will go get really F'ing S#!T FACED now.

Just sharing my pain.

Bill

crawln68

Bronco Guru
OMG! Are you kidding me!? Glad your alright, but damn! This might qualify for last months BD article about things that I've done while working on my Bronco. I hope the damage isn't too bad. :(

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
You didnt take pics??? Sorry, I shouldnt monkey around like that. I am very sorry to hear of such a misfortune occurring to such an evolved specimen as yourself. Hang in there Bill. Hopefully, it is not as bad as it sounds and you will be swinging along in the urban jungle in no time. Have a hoppy one for me.

DBrown

Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
man, that sucks...

there has to be a reason it spit fuel out like that...if you do buy a new one do your self a favor and go 4bbl. it is going to be a little more to get the intake but you will like the difference.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Bill, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm hoisting a cold one to you right now!!!

John

Louie

Bronco Guru
Holy smokes! That's a major league bummer :( Hope you have it on the road again soon!

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
Damn that sucks but at least you saved it . Sorry to hear that and hope it isn't too bad to repair. oh and um....

worthless.gif

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
bummer dude

If you decide to go with a 4 barrel, I have a Holley 600 I can let you have for sheep money, It is a street avenger with a offroad vent tube. With a few other little mods it could be a great little carb.

OP
OP
MnkyBiz

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Thanks all for the motivation. I'll grab photos tomorrow (2bad :)

Right now, Iam at my folks, waiting for a monster grill to get here. For my Dad's bday, I am building him an outdoor Grill/kitchen and this is the most important part.

Right now, I am 7 beers ready fo lift that heavy damned thing outta the truck.

If I keep going at this rate, I'll be passsed out in a few hours.

Damn it all, I am really bummed, getting trashed, but bummed.

my legs hurt bad. I ran through my fence at home.

j.r.nice

Bronco Guru
Bill
Sorry to hear that, not a good way to start the w/e. Glad you are ok. Man that sux. Wishing your Bronc a speedy recovery.

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I am sorry to hear this happened but glad it wasn't worse and no one was hurt. Hang in there !

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
The float prolly wasn't seated right on its pivot. An easy mistake, and an easy fix.
In the futre, always keep a camera next to your fire extinguisher so you can snap a few while the action's still good.

Orange Crush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Maryland
Sorry to hear it Bill. Time for an upgrade of some kind huh? Looking forward to the pics tomorrow, and for that matter, I'm looking forward to the pics of the outdoor kitchen too! Good luck with everything!

Tom Dummer

Loc.
Scappoose, Or
<<"my legs hurt bad. I ran through my fence at home.">>
LMAO ! A thousand images with that one!
What the hell is your extinguisher doing on the other side of a fence???
You went that far and didn't bother to grab a camera on the way by?

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Far !!! Far!!!! Far!!!!

Well Now's A Good Time To Say Honey You Know That Painless Wiring Harness I Just Got To Have Well , Now I Really Have To Have It .
Darn The Luck .....pa Pitt ...