• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Look What my wife found hanging on the door!!!

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
Just move in and been here over a month now.

On Friday, the wife found pic 1 on the front door. Is it really that much of an I sore?

The truck runs, drives and is inspected. I guess because it isn't the greatest color in the world and has a dent it is considered JUNK!! Some one in the neighborhood doesn't like the truck.

So I left a message with the Investigator and hopefully he will call back before 10 days are up or they are going to tow me truck. :mad:

Here is an update so far: I call the investigator on Saturday and left a message. I waited till 1 pm on Monday, called him again and left another message and still have not gotten a call. We will see what Tuesday will bring.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 751
  • 1968 Ford.jpg
    1968 Ford.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 669
Last edited:

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, someone in your neighborhood doesn't see the diamond in the rough. If it can drive and has current plates you shouldn't have any issues at all. Just explain to the investigator.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
That is terrible! I can not stand people that feel your business bothers them like this. Seems like I would have a difficult staying in your house. Sorry and good luck.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I'd leave a note on the door in response telling them to kiss it if the registration and inspection stickers are current.

The ridiculous HOA in my old neighborhood gave me crap about my Broncos being inoperable for years. I went to their meetings and invited the entire board to my house to watch me start them all and drive them around the block. No takers - but plenty of letters and fines kept coming. Asshats.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I have some of those Mrs. Kravits types in my neighborhood too. They are usually old folks with a boring life. They didn't like it when I walked around the front yard in my boxers drinking beer. Maybe if you just drove it around more, they would realize it's a daily driver, and leave you alone.

Attachments

• Gladys Kravits.jpg
    Gladys Kravits.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 893

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
As admin posted, as long as it's legally registered to drive, they can kiss it anywhere I've been. Now a homeowners association may have had you sign something, kind of like keeping the grass mowed.
Edit: Kick the wife's car out of the garage.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WTF!!! You guys got calipronians moving to San Antonio too? Doesn't sound very Texan! I'd check Craigslist, maybe in Michigan, for the ugliest, rusted out, fender flappin, bent, flolded, spindeled, and mutilated street legal beater you can find. Register and insure it and park it in front of the house. Maybe add some tea party and nra bumper stickers.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
As already said, if it has a current inspection and registration your new neighbor can't do anything. What's wrong with people? I guess they are trying to "break in" the new guy. I had someone call the cops when I was moving in because my car was parked on the wrong side of the road. My other neighbors are great and understand that my parts bronco might look ugly but it is serving a purpose.

You could always invite us all over to your house and they will have to look at a lot more broncos:).

taipeichris

Bronco Guru
Maybe you can drive it over and across some of their front lawns! They would then know it runs and at least they'd have something good to complain about...

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I just cant tell you how long I would last in an HOA area. No way no how. I would be causing trouble just for spite. Life is too short move to a non HOA and enjoy. I had a back gate to a neighbor's yard. He came over on day and complained about some noise I was making. As he was leaving I was gathering tools to take the gate out and install the fence where the gate was. The best neighbors are the ones you never see.

Zillacon

Loc.
Hackin Away!
My wife and I stopped by the party store the other day to pick up some of those classes with the spring and eyes hooked to them. We put them on when the noisy rosey neighbors come by and stare in our garage. We get a kick out of it.

blankenship76

Loc.
Indianapolis, IN
I had neighbor complain about how loud my exhaust was and here is the thing the @sshole has a Harley I have to hear every morning at 7 a.m. in the summer.

So, I politely told him piss off. Living in a neighborhood is grand, I need to thank my wife again for insisting we live here!!

OP
OP
weasel

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
I'm renting at this location. I don't know why they just didn't notify the Landlord so he could talk about it.

Larry B

Loc.
Medford
I thought people in Texas were made out of better stuf than that. Glad I don't live there

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
turn it around and write in the back window KISS MY A$$!

but seriously, move the sucker around in the drive way and turn it around a few times a week. see a-holes? it runs!!!!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Because its to easy to just send someone a note they are to scared to actually talk to people.
Look for the older people that live near you they are the ones who have nothing better to do.
If you want to stir the pot a little if your vehicle is completely legal get you a bottle of ATF and run a hose from the manifold into your cab then drive around your neighbor hood and dip the hose into the AFT every so often creating big cluods of smoke as you drive around that ought to get some more reactions. ;D I also like the bronco brothers party idea cap it off with a parade around the neighbor hood.

65 mustang

I'd get some Bronco brothers together and park on the front lawn for the weekend. Put signs up "Block Party" the ones who don't show are your problem. (unless nobody shows) Well then there are other issues. Cut the pipes off and driver the old girl around. I got a pita like that too. Scott

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
That sucks! I've been real happy with our little 1/4 acre here in Bakersfield, all my neighbors are car guys and only look out to be sure no one is messing with your stuff. Only notes I get are wanting to buy my Broncos. There are parts of CA that are just fine to live in. Cant believe this is happening in TX.

brewchief

If it runs and drives and has currant tags I don't think they can touch you, I had the same issue, I would get a notice every year that my 78 f250s tags were out of date, interesting because the plates were only on the back(no front plates in MI) and about 6 inches from the garage wall, only way to see them would be to trespass.
I solved my problem by putting historical plates on it, good for ten years and only 30$ here. No notices since then;D.