• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Look What my wife found hanging on the door!!!

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Having been in the residential construction and real estate business for a big chunk of my adult life , I can assure you that being surrounded by a dirtbag or two will cost you MUCH more than $10k on the typical $250,000 house in this area.
I'll take the POA/HOA over losing 50 to 75 grand because my neighbors decide to landscape like a pick-n-pull.
I'll only apply that to subdivision type areas. Given a big lot out in the sticks , my stuff will start looking like a pick-n-pull too.
Can't wait till I get out there , until then , I'll use the POA/HOA to protect my investment.

You might be the realtor that called the city or HOA on that guy to clean up the neighborhood to make a couple more bucks on a deal. ;D Seems like the only time the city comes poking around and hanging signs is when a property goes on the market. I understand your point but I dont think we talking about front yard pick-n-pulls and "natural" landscaping. More of a respect and tollerence for your neighbors. I keep my place presentable and expect the same from my neighbors while respecting their right to enjoy the use of their property even if I don't really like the butt ugly green Walt painted his house.;) The way houses have been turning in the past several years it not very fair to say that "you picked the neighborhood". People move in next door. Sometimes it Gladis Krabbass.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I keep my place presentable and expect the same from my neighbors.

That right there is why there are valid reasons for HOA's. Clearly, they are not for everybody, but it only takes one guy to trash a neighborhood and impact everyone's property values. I do agree that too many people use the HOA's as a way to wimp out and complain anonamously about stuff they should man up to resolve on their own.

Best defense is a good offense, get active on your HOA board and don't let them act like spoiled children.

Just a thought....

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That right there is why there are valid reasons for HOA's. Clearly, they are not for everybody, but it only takes one guy to trash a neighborhood and impact everyone's property values. I do agree that too many people use the HOA's as a way to wimp out and complain anonamously about stuff they should man up to resolve on their own.

Best defense is a good offense, get active on your HOA board and don't let them act like spoiled children.

Just a thought....

Nah. Make sure your perimeters are far and all are clear fields of fire. I actually have a state permit so that mine is and will always remain so. Keeps the riff raff from complaining much.;D

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru

Just a thought....

If everyone was considerate and respectfull there would be no reason for a HOA but they tend to become a forum and tool for the jerks. Colleen, who I referenced earlier, found it easy to get the good people that were getting tired of all the crap to elect her president. That is a very long story about fraud and abuse of the home owners fees. Your complaints about the one guy to trash the neighborhood are normally covered by city code.

One of the first issues she had to deal with was a complaint and threat of a law suit by a guy and his wife that claimed that their property value had been decreased by the new windows and doors that had just been installed on the unit next door. Made their property "less desirable".

Last edited:

dasbronco

Loc.
Albany Or
Had the same thing happen to my 73 ford 1/2 ton pick up. House across the street went up for sale. guess where the pick up was parked last weekend during the open house. It is legal to be parked on the street so it was. Realtor had the cops over and they told her to piss off, it is parked and it's legal so there was nothing they could do. After her open house it went back to it's parking spot in the driveway. I now have proof it moves, the Realtor took lots of pictures, I guess her friends in the city will be by to harass me again.

markperry

Bronco Guru
My HOA just put a lean on a neighbors house because the color of the new roof was not acceptable too them! I'm thinking about not cutting my grass ever again and claiming it as a natural habitat! I might even go as far as getting some tree hugger organization envolved:cool:

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
Neighbors can be pretty lame sometime. My city has a bunch of restrictions. Some are pretty silly. I had to close a garage sale one day because I didn't have the $1 garage sale permit. We hadn't been open for more than 45 minutes when a police cruiser showed up. I had no idea there was a garage sale ordinance. Needless to say, we shut the garage sale down, bought a permit on Monday, and had another one the next weekend.

We also had the owners of the adjacent vacant house complain repeatedly about the garage we were building. They didn't like the fact that we had exposed dirt next to their property. None of the dirt was on their property and there was no run off from water. The fact that they had a derelict garage with a caved in roof didn't seem to matter. Turns out they wanted to sell the house and felt our construction would devalue their home. The alderman ended up buying the house because he felt our construction would increase the property value.

You just can't help crazy.

Dave

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My HOA just put a lean on a neighbors house because the color of the new roof was not acceptable too them!

Wonder how that HOA would feel about a big solar PV or hot water array? %)

OP
OP
weasel

weasel

Loc.
Norfolk
Here is an update so far: I call the investigator on Saturday and left a message. I waited till 1 pm on Monday, called him again and left another message and still have not gotten a call. We will see what Tuesday will bring.

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
Here is an update so far: I call the investigator on Saturday and left a message. I waited till 1 pm on Monday, called him again and left another message and still have not gotten a call. We will see what Tuesday will bring.
Keep on top of them. Check your bylaws to see if you can force the investigator get to some more info on why you were ticketed and by whom.

white64

Loc.
Pittston, Maine
HOA? Holes of Ass? = Assholes? My Brother bought a place in Edmund Ok, you know the ones where every house was built with the same set of plans, built 6 ft apart.. he had a '42 Pontiac torpedo he bought at a junkyard delivered.. he got the same note on his door. America! Land of the free.. unless of course you're in a HOA neighborhood!

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
HOA? Holes of Ass? = Assholes? My Brother bought a place in Edmund Ok, you know the ones where every house was built with the same set of plans, built 6 ft apart.. he had a '42 Pontiac torpedo he bought at a junkyard delivered.. he got the same note on his door. America! Land of the free.. unless of course you're in a HOA neighborhood!

lol yes parts of Edmond are insane, there was one part of a housing district that passed an ordinance that you couldn't have pick up trucks. me and a bunch of my buddy's would drive though there when ever we got a chance;D I agree with Rusty. Thank god i live way out in the country and will never leave

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I'd check Michigan, for the ugliest, rusted out, fender flappin, bent, flolded, spindeled, and mutilated street legal beater you can find. Register and insure it and park it in front of the house.

Did someone need my services?

bigun-1

Geez!!

It sound's like you live in my part of the country. Someone alway's getting into your business. I saw the investgater face to face. Asked him to bring a copy of this ordinance to me. Oh Yeah. When you return bring a gun because I know I'll have one.

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
I'm a one man HOA - living in the country...until the wife tells me that the shop is getting too messy. I fear the day will come when I get a sticker on the door - in her handwriting!