• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking at a 68, need advice

the5beachbums

My son is looking at a 1968 bronco, it was a factory half cab but the half cab is gone, bulkhead is still there. It is rough, the bottom of the tail gate is toast, body is rusty but looks solid, do not see any holes. I can see a few holes in the floor board and more of a problem where the seam at the front of the floor board is. He says it needs break work, engine does run but needs work, but we should be able to drive it onto a trailer. It looks 100% stock. I have the tools to work on it including welding equipment. Plan would be for my son or me to do 100% of any work ourselves.

I am much more of an fj40 type of a guy so need some advice, the guy is willing to sell this bronco for $1200. My son (college student in mechanical engineering) wants it to learn on and play with and one day restore it, it would not be his daily driver. From searching around looks like a reasonable price, but though I would throw out the question.

Any advice would be great.

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
From what you have said I feel like it would be worth that...pictures would help!

patterdale

Bronco Guru
Sounds like your son has been bit by the bronco bug. He's already circling the drain. For the price it doesn' sound bad. Good luck.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I would say just about any running bronco would be worth that price.

OP
OP
T

the5beachbums

Thanks for the replies, we are heading out in the AM, if he wants it and the frame does not have any rot, owner says it does not I will let him decide. Will post pictures if he gets it. I work on the fj40's have two projects going and they have a forum with lots of great support, I am so glad to see the Bronco's have such good support as well.

Thanks Chris