• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking for headers for 1975 Bronco 302...what would you suggest? (very first post)

broncodrew

this is my very first post and very first bronco...1975 Bronco, 302. This motor is all stock with all the smog stuff on it. Was wondering what everyone would suggest for headers...please help.

thanks,

broncodrew

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Check out all the venders they are a lot of options personnally I like long tube headers for max torque and power gains. I would also get them with ceramic coating it helps a lot and they will last a lot longer.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had good luck with both Duff and Headman. Ditch the stock paper gaskets and go with some dead soft aluminium or copper gaskets.

Best luck I ever had with header bolts, a set of ARPs for a big block Chevy that were drilled for safety wire, then tied them. Never had an issue when I did that, even with paper gaskets (oddball bolt pattern not normal for Ford small blocks and custom headers, no metal gaskets available)

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
I agree with the long tube version and the ceramic coating

Instead of the gasket flange, I'd reccommend getting a set of headers that have a gasketless flange. Didn't have any luck with the paper gaskets then went to the copper gaskets and the flange plates eventually warped creating another exhaust leak

No more leaks with the gasketless flange

NJB71

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Little Silver, NJ
my 2cents....BCB ceramic headers w/exhaust kit.....they are shortys, but I gained dcent power with them-and they are gasketless, Chuck supplys a perfect fit system to install....sweet throaty sound from the magnaflow muffler.....I bought a crate engine last week that is dyno-ed at 358hp, s when I reisntall the headers/exhaust I will get the truck dyno-ed, and I wouldnt be suprised to see 35hp gain....also if you are going w/ any header def get the spark plug covers, bcb sells em 5 bucks/a piece, trust me I drove the moment I had the new system in and melted to of plug boots(which can cause arcing of the plug and misfiring)

OP
OP
broncodrew

broncodrew

thanks for all the help...i am sure there will be more questions as i get into this project.

broncodrew

ransil

Bronco Guru
I like the shorty headers. No wrestling them in place.
WH and BC carry them

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D I would suggest you go with long tub as they work the best and the cost is about the same. The short ones and just a very little better than stock ones. I run hooker wheel well and have since 72 on my second set put them on in 86 good luck with your choice.:D :D :D Bill %) :cool: ;D

bigbri69

Loc.
tomsriver
i just did the wh longtube w/ceramic coating.a lil twist here and a lil twist there and thay droped in place.i like them alot.

jbregar

Loc.
Pueblo, CO
Chuck's (BC Broncos) are friggin awesome. His exhaust kicks ass as well. A little pricey, but the fit is top-notch.

True North

I think you should go with the long tubes I have out in the garage! let me know if you are interested. Rob

funnycar

I have a 75 with a 351/392 and need long tube headers with bigger tubes than 1 1/2. Any suggestions.

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I like shortys too. Long tubes tend to get in the way. I sold some long tubes yesterday off my crawler to go to shortys. The long tubes were hitting my Duff long arms at full stuff:cool:

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have a 75 with a 351/392 and need long tube headers with bigger tubes than 1 1/2. Any suggestions.

My suggestion would be to start a new post that is specific to your problem. Something with a title like "Who makes large diameter long tube headers?" then go into detail about your needs and that you want them for a stroker 351. That will get you a lot better answer then looking at the back page of a 2-year old post that doesn't start off with anything near what you are looking for.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
What about on an EFI 302?? Is there any difference on how they perform with the EFI computer & O2 sensors??

TD

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
my 2cents....BCB ceramic headers w/exhaust kit.....they are shortys, but I gained dcent power with them-and they are gasketless, Chuck supplys a perfect fit system to install....sweet throaty sound from the magnaflow muffler.....I bought a crate engine last week that is dyno-ed at 358hp, s when I reisntall the headers/exhaust I will get the truck dyno-ed, and I wouldnt be suprised to see 35hp gain....also if you are going w/ any header def get the spark plug covers, bcb sells em 5 bucks/a piece, trust me I drove the moment I had the new system in and melted to of plug boots(which can cause arcing of the plug and misfiring)

X2 on this, BC Broncos headers are high quality ceramic stainless and will fit 351/5.8 or 3.2/5.0. Are super stout, super pretty, and should last as long as the rest of the engine. Works with EFI, and don't have gasket problems like puny thin headers.