• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Looking to start an EFI conversion -

Joe'Bronco

Loc.
Dublin, CA
I found this on CL, is it a good deal?

I have a ford gt40 lower upper and throttle body. Also comes with cold air intake and maf meter and filter. Has 24lb injectors and fuel rail all complete. Will include engine harness and ecu for the 5.0 efi 302 engine and some other misc parts needed

also have headers if you really want to wake your mustang up - $225

Also, I have been searching for a parts list but did not find one. Does anyone have a link to a parts list?

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
http://classicbroncos.com/tech/electronic-fuel-injection

You can start here ^

There is a few ways to do this... Many ways to do the conversion: In tank pump, exterior pump, accumulator, what fuel line material, etc.

Lots of options to consider...

You need to figure out what you want to spend

I would be more likely to buy EFI parts from someone on this website rather than a random CL add. Problem with used parts, is that they are used. You really need to know what you are looking at...

Numberfool

I realize this thread was in regards to an explorer or mustang conversion as your base. I converted my 75' using a kit from Affordable Fuel Injection. It was clean, straight forward and it has run fantastic. I have put thousands of miles on it since, running from our house at sea level to our cabin in the mountains at 7k feet. What a difference. System starts at about $900.

You can do it the route you are going for a few hundred less than that and be TPI, instead of TBI... An obvious step up. But for simplicity and ease, thought I would throw it out there.

Sporto

Here is a link to a thread from a few weeks ago. I listed out pretty much what you can expect to buy or need when doing an EFI conversion. It is not that hard if you just read and research everything.

http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=245979

There is a lot of helpful info on this site, along with a ton of great Bronco people.

Good luck

Rich

OP
OP
J

Joe'Bronco

Loc.
Dublin, CA
I realize this thread was in regards to an explorer or mustang conversion as your base. I converted my 75' using a kit from Affordable Fuel Injection. It was clean, straight forward and it has run fantastic. I have put thousands of miles on it since, running from our house at sea level to our cabin in the mountains at 7k feet. What a difference. System starts at about $900.

You can do it the route you are going for a few hundred less than that and be TPI, instead of TBI... An obvious step up. But for simplicity and ease, thought I would throw it out there.

i was expecting around $1200 for the full EFI install. Im wanting whatever system will give me the best MPG as well as ease of install. The last carb ford I owned went up in flames (float stuck and gas overflowed onto the block)

Thanks guys. for some reason the Search function doesn't like to work whenever I punch stuff in. I may be using to specific key words... Never the less. Any and all help is very appreciated. ;)

TN1776

Bronco Guru
A hint on searching this site. Use google to do it. Go to google.com and in the search field, enter the following: site:classicbroncos.com followed by whatever you are wanting to find. So for example: site:classicbroncos.com EFI

That way you are not subjected to minimum characters, etc. It works like a champ.

Noticed that you are in Dublin CA. I am in Livermore and I converted my Bronco 351w to EFI almost two years ago. I used a Lightning lower and explorer upper with a mix of other parts - Mustang computer, Summit Racing's EFI harness, etc. I am only running 19lb injectors as my 351 is pretty mild, and it works well. If you are not already on the NorCalBroncos.com board it's also a good resource for people selling parts nearby.

$225 is not a bad deal for all of that if the parts are confirmed good. It is a gamble buying used parts - I got lucky and got a known good computer from a friend for a good price. Lots of free parts went into mine as well. The links already pasted here are a good starting point!