• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Loose twin stick shifter

BRONCITIS74

My Wild Horses twin stick shifter has come loose and I cannot get the left lever to go into the low position. I have been under the truck, removed the skid plate, and found the nut that is loose. I took off my shift boot for the sticks and 5 speed, cut the carpet, and found the head for the bolt. It looks like a shoulder bolt, that a 3/8 allen wrench fits. The trouble I'm having is how do I get at the nut on the end of that bolt to tighten it? Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

billh1289

Contributor
Loc.
Jackson, NJ
It probably depends on how big a hole you have in your tunnel, but I was able to get to mine through the top.

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mounted mine via a large access panel on the side of the tunnel.

Big enough to get my hand in there on the backside. It took a little work, but doable.

Could it simply be you need to move the gears a bit to get the shifter in the right position?

Attachments

• firewall 4.jpg
    firewall 4.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 31