• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lots of Progress W/ Pics (Old School Mounts Are Installed!)

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Lets see... New old school dual shock mounts, shocks, powder coated coils, spare tire rack, tailgate handle, spare tire latch, spare tire lock and a new shiny bumper, new polished stainless tailgate handle and every nut and bolt we took off was replaced with case hardened stainless. Probably forgot stuff but oh well. The coils are stock height WH prerunners and 8 new WH shocks. The ride is sooo much better is unbelievable. I have to give a big thanks to Josh Rubins of the So Cal Broncos board. Great job welding them on and it was free. :eek: If you see this I owe you another case of beer, well my dad will buy it with my money. ;D The red coils attract all the girls in the high school parking lot too. :cool:
Picture614.jpg

Picture616.jpg

Picture617.jpg

Picture618.jpg

Picture268.jpg

Picture269.jpg

Picture270.jpg

Picture271.jpg

Last edited:

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Whew... "lots of progress" is putting it mildly isn't it?? ;D ;D

Great looking rig and the shock mounts turned out sweet. :D :cool:

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Looks great. Ihave the old school set up too and am happy with the ride/performance. All the chrome/stainless looks very sweet.

76Broncofromhell

Bronco Totalitarian
Loc.
Reno, NV
Looks good. Do you think dual shocks put a little bit too much dampening on the suspension? Did you notice your suspension slowing down or anything afterwords?

Anyway very nice Bronco, and keep reeling in the high-school chicks

OP
OP
DownhillManiac99

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
76BroncoFromHell:
It does ride a lot tighter on the suspension but for a daily driver it works awesome. I drove it to the San Diego gathering today and it rides so much better compared to single shocks. I havent hit dirt with it yet but Ill let you know.

And for the record Im only a 17 year old Junior in high school so the whole chick magnet thing doesnt sound wierd. ;D