• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Louisiana Broncos

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Of course, the best part of the trip for me was finding out just how far you can coast from the top of the Mississippi River Bridge when your accelerator pedal disconnects from the throttle. Good times![/QUOTE]

That sounds like a blast!!! Gotta live 40 yr old vehicles. ;D

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Bitter sweet I guess...Sad to see'em like that,but such a cool place too...

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
Bitter sweet I guess...Sad to see'em like that,but such a cool place too...

Yeah it was rough to see. If I ever win the Lotto I'm going to buy them all and restore them just to give me something to do after I go throw my hard hat and coveralls over the fence at work.

bec

Loc.
Mount Pleasant
man i have to go check this place out did you guys ask any prices on any thing?????? HELLFIRE i'm with you on the lotto i would do the same thing and would have the time of my live doing it:)

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
Were there some salvageable gear? Or had rust and other folks taken it toll?

Body parts... Not really. Rust had won most of that. There was a decent 66 dash one of the guys pointed out. Had small dents in it but could be salvaged.

He had a lot of drivetrain/ little parts that were still good. And when I was talking to him while the other guys were doing pictures I got the impression that he had good parts he had pulled off in one of his sheds there.

HELLFIRE

Loc.
West Monroe, LA
I may get in touch with him about that frame he had sitting there. I may use that to put my body on for the body work so I can be doing all my other work to my frame.

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
That half cab looks rusted enough that it may actually be a U14 on the frame-rail. The top looks old enough to be the original. If he would part with the frame for cheap enough, and the frame is not too far gone, it may be a good base to start a U14 build.

jspurl3

Loc.
Baton Rouge, LA
Good morning fellas! I monthly car show at tanger outlet is the 3rd saturday of every month. It is pretty fun and Ive seen a few broncos there. Do we have any takers? If yall want to make a cruise out of it we could take Nicholson Dr down there.

Here's the article:
Gerry Lane Enterprises Super Cruise Night. Open Car Show at Tanger Factory Outlet in Gonzales from 5-9 p.m. Event includes awards, ‘50’s Rock-N-Roll music by Homer T., door prizes and more. The event is free to the public. For more information call Homer at (225) 773-2487.
http://theadvocate.com/features/wheels/3306201-123/cruisin-for-july-13-2012