• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Lowering a bronco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
B

BroncGuy7710

Loc.
Louisville Ky
ok this is too much! i am not talking about owering it alot in the front, a little in hte back, no fattys in the rear, no dice, no euros, no chevy 350, no spoke rims, no painting. Just a good ol' 66 roadster, stock (with the acception of a few luxury upgrades), door inserts, no top.... i thought the lowering, maybe an inch or two, would look nice.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
NewBroncGuy said:
ok this is too much! i am not talking about owering it alot in the front, a little in hte back, no fattys in the rear, no dice, no euros, no chevy 350, no spoke rims, no painting. Just a good ol' 66 roadster, stock (with the acception of a few luxury upgrades), door inserts, no top.... i thought the lowering, maybe an inch or two, would look nice.

So, how is that Flame suit holding up? Told ya, You needed one that was extra strength.

;D

tx1ton

Loc.
Boerne, TX
And really I think everyone is being pretty polite about the flames - perhaps we've "lowered" our flame levels?!?!?

fastmusicfan

Loc.
Bluffton, SC
Okay, I'll put on my flame retarded (lol) suit, too. Actually I've been dreaming about the same thing lately. My Bronco is a street driver, maybe lock in the hubs to get out of some mud. I'm not worried about amount of wheel travel, etc.. I'm running 235/75/15's and I wouldn't mind a little less (2"?) gap between the top of the tire and the bottom of the fender, only in the front, entirely for looks. And, while I'm asking for it, maybe tone down the chrome a bit and shave the door handles. I think it could be done really well, classic truck style-----not street truck style, no neon, dice, cheesy graphix, clear tail lights, etc.. (Name purposely withheld)

cjjhalfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oologah, OK _
I don't know how high yours sits in the front, but before I did the suspension lift mine was really raked -- much lower in the front than the back. It still is to some degree, and someday I'll put some B.C. 3½" coils in place of the 3" Skyjackers. As for the original question, I was just joking about the 350 Chevy engine. I wouldn't do that to a Ford I hated. But I wouldn't think you'd need to lower a stock Bronco at all. They weren't all that high to begin with.

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
I have wondered why Ford had the nose down look on factory stock Broncos.Yes..Thats the way a new stock one looked.Give it a try and let us know how it handles.Better or worse.If only going an inch or so by taking one spring leaf out.Cant handle any worse than some jacked up ones and may even handle better.Just dont put any forklift tires and a fart pipe on it..:p ;D

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
Wildturkey said:
I have wondered why Ford had the nose down look on factory stock Broncos.Yes..Thats the way a new stock one looked.Give it a try and let us know how it handles.Better or worse.If only going an inch or so by taking one spring leaf out.Cant handle any worse than some jacked up ones and may even handle better.Just dont put any forklift tires and a fart pipe on it..:p ;D

I always figured it was because the Bronco was originally designed to be a utility vehicle and when one would hook a trailer to it, ithe rake was to keep the ass end from dragging on the ground. Just a theory....

red67

Loc.
Austin Texas
Go for it, its yours. I'd pull over to look at it.

P.S. Half of the guys here with lifts don't even "really" wheel anyway.:eek: ;D

Last edited:

willtel

Do you want it to look like this?

low.jpg

Instead of like this?

66ldmrs.jpg

I think it will look like a Mustang.

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Having left my "SMART ASS" reply, I'll leave some constructive comments.

I think with a standard ride height and standard sized tires, you'd be quite happy with it. It would be low enough to be easy to get into and out of (a major complaint of my wife, 5'4", hates climing into a 3.5" lift with 33's on it ), and would be pretty darn cool to cruise around in.

You put a mural on it though, and a Classic Broncos lynch mob will be after you! (grin)

Good luck, however you decide... We know what to get you for Christmas - ASBESTOS UNDERWEAR! LOL

Jerry

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
And while you're at it, don't forget:

... the 200A 3G Alternator upgrade to power the purple neon undercarriage lights.

... the big-a$$ muffler tips.

... the giant "aerodynamic" wing.

%) %) %)

Lowering a Bronco is a crime. Don't go there.

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
When Broncos first came out..Way before the last 3 replys were born.It was considered a Crime to lift one.It was criminal to cut one so what is the harm in a little experiment in lowering one an inch or so?Keep those hacked up and jacked up POS that cant steer a straight line in a 40 acre field.Damn a bunch of kids with classic trucks.Get a HEEP!!!

adidas

Bronco Guru
Loc.
arizona
hehe, ive did something like this last summer.... i took a semi automatic b-b gun and unloaded about 15 shots into a hornets nest. i cant say it was the smartest thing i ive ever done, but it was worth it and i dont regret it. -- there's a moral in there somewhere.

im sorry you think the thread got to big, but its an interesting subject. -- i think lowering it a bit would look shibby. its thinking outside the box. and thats admirable. id love to see it if you decide to go through with it. you could make a tech artical about it.

and for those of you who said drop in a 350, snap on a spoiler, tip, and some ground effects ........ bah! what he's suggesting isnt a crime against nature... but that would be!

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
az_adidas said:
hehe, ive did something like this last summer.... i took a semi automatic b-b gun and unloaded about 15 shots into a hornets nest. i cant say it was the smartest thing i ive ever done, but it was worth it and i dont regret it. -- there's a moral in there somewhere.

im sorry you think the thread got to big, but its an interesting subject. -- i think lowering it a bit would look shibby. its thinking outside the box. and thats admirable. id love to see it if you decide to go through with it. you could make a tech artical about it.

and for those of you who said drop in a 350, snap on a spoiler, tip, and some ground effects ........ bah! what he's suggesting isnt a crime against nature... but that would be!
Shibby?Thinking outside the box?Must be some of that honda language you are speaking.Are we in the same country?Broncos were designed to 4 wheel thru the mud.Not rock crawl or even sand drag.Man..Get a life..As far as the hornets..That speaks for its self...%)

adidas

Bronco Guru
Loc.
arizona
Wildturkey said:
Shibby?Thinking outside the box?Must be some of that honda language you are speaking.Are we in the same country?Broncos were designed to 4 wheel thru the mud.Not rock crawl or even sand drag.Man..Get a life..

-hey, you're allowed to have your opinions... and im allowed mine. and here they are.

-how the hell can you say broncos were made to 4 wheel though mud?!?! have you seen stock tires?!?!?! theyre rails! if anything, now this is going out on a limb.... they were made to combate scouts. now dont twist my words and say i think scouts are better 4wd's becuase thats bs, you, i, and this entire forum know thats not true.

-dont bash hondas, theres nothing wrong with them, theyre cheap and reliable, ill probably be driving one to college for that same reason.

-i certainly hope that "thinking outside the box" is not honda talk. if it wasnt for thinking outside the box we wouldnt have america.

-yes i live in america. what does that have anything to do with what i said? is it because of my honda talk? i guess im not american if i own a honda now? well shit, why dont you ship me out, along with the other 90 million who own hondas.

-my bronco is raised 3 1/2" it sits on 31" tires, it has cherry bombs that make it the most annoying car at my school. if i had the money id lower it and inch take that SHITTY exhaust off and get tires with a less agressive tred... but i cant.

-lowering a bronco isnt a crime... neither is cutting one... or lifting one... or even, so get this, thinking outside the box.

---*edit*---

as far as hornets... i wasnt stung, and i got those little bastards off the back porch. done and done.

Last edited:

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
I was born in america and fought in Vietnam so dont question me in being a citizen.Broncos were INVENTED to MUD RIDE STUPID!!!NOT ROCK CRAWL or BE STUFFED with a 351.,.GET a JEEP!!.SHIBBY?GEt A NEW LANGUAGE.Kids should should be seen and not seen like you.Go back to pirate!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.