• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

lube for leave springs

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Hey I'm getting ready to install my 3.5 inch lift in the rear, and wanted to ask what bushing lube do you guy's recommend? I bought everything new in the rear so if I have to cut bolts, just to make it easy as possible and we no how that goes with this old OEM stuff;D

Attachments

• DSCN2506.jpg
    DSCN2506.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 51
  • DSCN2502.jpg
    DSCN2502.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 67
  • DSCN2505.jpg
    DSCN2505.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 66

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They usually supply that but I think any good silicone based lube will do.

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Who’s rear leafs are those, they don’t look like WildHorses? I use my MotorCraft Silicone Brake grease.

Mark
The leave springs and hardware ,shackles ,wedges and bolts are TOM'S BRONCO. The rear bump stops and hardware to mount them, plus extended Ebrake cables are from WH BRONCO.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
The leave springs and hardware ,shackles ,wedges and bolts are TOM'S BRONCO. The rear bump stops and hardware to mount them, plus extended Ebrake cables are from WH BRONCO.

Got it. Make sure you check your rear pinion angle when everything is back together. May or may not need to adjust with rear shims.

Mark

OP
OP
savage

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Got it. Make sure you check your rear pinion angle when everything is back together. May or may not need to adjust with rear shims.

Mark
Will do, Wright now it has a old James Duffy add a leaf and it gives me 3 inches of lift, with no angle sim. Man this add a leaf is harsh on the back;D

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That nasty, thick-n-sticky silicone grease is what the polyurethane manufacturers all recommend. By nature the black bushings have a little more graphite in them, but I don't think that automatically makes them "self-lubing" like some claim. I think you have to add even more before that becomes a real thing.
But I could be wrong.

Can't go wrong with that silicone stuff though. Nowadays it's available at most parts stores. Sometimes it's used for other things and just comes in tiny little packets, but you'll want a few of those. You can buy it in a small bucket too, but that might last you thirty years!

Paul

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I use the Grease that comes with the Bushings. All of it. Don't be shy with how much you use.

Odds are you will need the wedges anyway with a 3 1/2" Lift. I'd mount those under the Leaf Springs prior to install.