• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

LUBRs on the trail! (pic request)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
One good reason is, they just like the look. Might still want to personalize it, or make is as capable an off-roader as you can while still maintaining that one aspect of the stock look. Since they're obviously not looking to make a buggy or even a wicked crawler out of it, that seems to fit the bill just right.
Simple as "why not cut it" to some.
I like 'em both ways myself, which is probably why I go through life so confused!

Paul

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I guess I just don't get it. Most LUBERs I've seen are quite modified. So why not just clip it. It's not like you're saving something that's factory origonal. I mean why do you celebrate the biggest booboo Ford made on the car? Maybe there should also be sub groups for Cut Rear Uncut Front CRUFs and Cut WithOut Flares CWOFs

Jakedog

I guess I just don't get it. Most LUBERs I've seen are quite modified. So why not just clip it. It's not like you're saving something that's factory origonal. I mean why do you celebrate the biggest booboo Ford made on the car? Maybe there should also be sub groups for Cut Rear Uncut Front CRUFs and Cut WithOut Flares CWOFs

x2! Ford neglected the little guy, but luckily the after market came to the rescue.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I guess I just don't get it. Most LUBERs I've seen are quite modified. So why not just clip it. It's not like you're saving something that's factory original. I mean why do you celebrate the biggest booboo Ford made on the car? Maybe there should also be sub groups for Cut Rear Uncut Front CRUFs and Cut Without Flares CWOFs

I've had a bunch of "cut" Broncos and wanted something different than the standard "cut" Bronco. There's also the challenge, believe me it's a lot tougher trying to figure everything out suspension wise than it is with a Bronco with cut fenders.

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I like the look myself. I can't figure out why a lot of people do alot of the things, or say alot of things on this site that they do.

Ben

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I like the look myself. I can't figure out why a lot of people do alot of the things, or say alot of things on this site that they do.

Ben

Or live east of the Rockies;D ;D Different strokes for different folks that's what makes life fun or should we all have Bronco's that look the same?? and those that have met me will attest to the fact that I'm different;D

Last edited:

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA

Ben

Ben,
It's like this. If I can stir the pot, and get you riled up, that makes me the winner.;D I support all sorts of car followings. I wouldn't even draw the line if your LUBEr had a Chevrolet motor in it. Viva Le Difference!;)

75 Ranger

Not technically wheeling, but off on the trail.

Attachments

• Feb. '09 Lopez Lake (2).jpg
    Feb. '09 Lopez Lake (2).jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 78

75 Ranger

Paul,
I'd love that car even if it had a Kia motor in it!;D
I have to get a set of those rifle racks.

Dont say that! People miss read and next thing you know they wanna see my Kia motor! Just the stock 302, rebuild of course with a little more pick-me-up. ;D
I like my rifle racks too.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
ok, here's a few old pics of my green77

Attachments

• fishing[1].jpg
    fishing[1].jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 24
  • dsc00025.jpg
    dsc00025.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 22
  • dsc00026.jpg
    dsc00026.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 24
  • dsc00012.jpg
    dsc00012.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 23
  • dsc00027.jpg
    dsc00027.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 14
  • dsc00029.jpg
    dsc00029.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16

W650Mike

Loc.
Eastland, Texas
More of a field than a trail...

And - you Fender Wackers need to start playing nice with the other kids! ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• camera 005 (Medium).jpg
    camera 005 (Medium).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 63

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
More of a field than a trail...

And - you Fender Wackers need to start playing nice with the other kids! ;D ;D ;D

fender wackers that's funny. Can i see some pics of the kia engine installed;D

yak67

Bronco Guru
75 Ranger - that is a great pic and a great looking rig, one of my favorites.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
madgyver, That is what I have been missing, always take a ladder on the trial. You just never know. lol.. kidding nice pics..