• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Made it HOME...Driving the new rig home 1K what should I bring?

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
Re:Driving the new rig home 1K what should I bring? w/MAP & ROUTE

Hopefully everything will work just fine (or very close). Therefore, bring/ buy a few disposable cameras! You're bound to see some great sites and colorful people going through America's "Heartland." :D

Even if (God forbid) "something" goes wrong, you'll be able to bring home a pic of the schiester that over-charged you for the repair and post him and his outfit on the internet for future "black-balling." ;)

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL

Jeepster...well done. For those poor uninformed souls, that Dashboard Christ is from Kevin Smith's movie "Dogma" That's the Buddy Christ from the Catholism Wow campaign. If you haven't seen it. See it.

badnewsbronco

Loc.
. wilmington MA

bring a friend, dont bring your girl unless shes broncogodess, thats a long ass ride and you might need someone to talk about broncos . also bring a trailer youll need it if you bring everything sugested here ;)

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard

Take a digital camera, that way if somethin blows you can document it and post it here to share with all of us about your adventure ;D Ha! just kiddin----not. Good advice from Rustytruck, think i'll go back and read it again. ;D

I think you will be fine though, just don't get on the road with bad belts, tires or hoses

KST1

jc,

I'm on your route near Champaign/Urbana, IL. I know it's kinda close to home but you never know where your gonna break down. Email me (dfultz at scs.uiuc.edu) for my numbers if you want.

Looks like a pretty sturdy ol' rig so I don't expect to hear from ya. Relax and enjoy the trip. It's good to have another one in the state!

-D

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Re:Driving the new rig home 1K what should I bring? Made it HOME...

Well the list of items I brought was quite impressive and none of it was needed. The only thing that broke was not brought.

No one said windshield wipers. Just after crossing the AK border I hit monsoon type rains. If the Bronco was a boat and I needed to name her it would be Titanic. At one point the water was coming in so fast I thought I HAD hit an iceberg. I was concentrating so hard on staying on the road it took a while to notice that I had completly lost the passenger side wiper. The arm had already scratched a nice groove in the windshild. I pulled over and tied strips from my shirt around the arm. Other than this the truck ran great. The truck did start to vibrate if I got over 70mph.

Now the fun begins

Jeff

T

teknalee

that's a beautiful rig.. and i hope you're not bummed about buying any of that stuff.. cause you'll need it one day lol! ;D so what are the plans for your new bronc?

OP
OP
jcwalsh1

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Plans.

1. Tires. 30x9.5 She is going to stay un-cut.
2. Front disks - Chevy mod. w/ new hubs.
3. 2 1/2 suspension lift. I like the B.C. lift with the 10 pack.
4. New seat covers & carpet.
5. Paint.

TMC

Loc.
Apple Valley, Minnesota
I like it when people really pursue their dreams. I, too traveled a thousand miles to pick up a Bronco. Mine was not driveable. My wife still thinks I was crazy and chalked it up to mid-life crisis!

You're right, now the fun does begin!

Enjoy! That first week with it is a blast.

Paul