• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MAGDOG oil filter magnet, anyone try it?

tbratz

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Magdog oil filter magnet adapter. I see BC carries them. If anyone has tried one does it need a special "shorty" oil filter or will the stock length fit. If it takes a shorter than stock filter, does anyone a good brand and part number?

jtribble70

Installed one on freshly rebuilt motor a couple years ago. Impressed by how much metal it caught during break in. Easy to remove and clean. I use a Motorcraft FL300 filter.

BanditBronco

I ran one at the start of my fresh motor also, it definitely catches some metal... its also definitely not fun to clean, I shelved it after the first few oil changes just because I was tired of cleaning it...

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I use the FL300 filter short filter too but I mostly use the napa gold version of this filter. This short filter works well with my oil cooler spacer. Been working fine in my Bronco for over 25 years.