• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Making It Look Good???

smct04

Loc.
Hays, Kansas
I have a question for all of you that have your EB redone. How do you decide what colors to match with what??? I have a parrot orange (actual name on the door panel) 75 Sport. It has original EVERYTHING. The top is white. I am getting a cage built and want to rhino line the pan. I love the orange, but my husband says I should NOT do the floor orange. He thought black for the floor and roll cage, BUT I think it will be too hot in the summer, especially for my black Great Dane, with my 110 degree Kansas weather for the 3 months of summer. When we repaint it, I will keep the orange, but I'm thinking the cage, the floor, the top of the dash, I should do in a medium tone grey. My seats are the white originals, and I am considering just recovering those with a two-tone grey, and painting the front of the dash Grey also. I thought I could do the door panels in just a gun metal grey. I think it would coordinate great ( I am still a chick and like things to look like they were meant to be the way I redo them) . I guess I just need more opinions.
If anyone has pics of their finished rides, that would be nice. I looked through the photo gallery, but I have a hard time seeing any of them inside and out in a way I can determine what looks best. Thanks.

Last edited:

Dan76

This is probably one of the cleanest broncos ive seen. I think the colors match perfectly and love the contrast in the line-x on the inside.
http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showgallery.php/ppuser/13159/cat/500

Photoshop is a great way to decide on colors, although its not perfect it can give you a pretty good idea. I agree with your husband I think matching the interior to the paint would be a little to much

Ol' Blue 76

Loc.
Pittsburgh
Go orange all the way, nothin' but big, loud, parrot orange--- no one will ever forget your ride (I'm being serious, orange all the way.)

I have black rhino lined tub (sorry no pics) and yes, definitely hot in the sun.

SeaBiscuit68

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tacoma Wa
I think you're 100% correct and your hubby is just wrong. Go with your instincts. They are a woman's strong suit after all. ;)

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have a very similar color scheme to what you describe on my trail rig. It's 2004 Mustang Competition Orange with grey trim. The bumpers, flares, dash and roll bar are all "Cast Iron" grey. This is actually a pretty cool color and made to paint cast iron parts to look like they are new and not painted at all. It's got very low gloss finish. The tub interior is shot with a trunk spatter paint - light grey base with flecks of black and white. Both the cast iron and the spatter paint touch up real easy.

But to answer your question, I think the color combo works very well. I'll see if I can find any pics from when it was newly painted - it's pretty beat up now after 3 plus years on the trail! (You can see it a little in my avatar.) It's got grey seats out of a 90's honda civic which matches well, too.

bosshoff

Contributor
I'd leave the orange paint. I'd use a grey colored Line-X, (they also have a Line-X "Plus" which I think is a colored overcoat.) Leave the seats white. Have the dash and roll cage powder-coated white, and the inside and outside of the top painted to match the white powdercoat. I'd also powder-coat the door panels inserts in white. Do you have chrome bumpers? If you have steel painted ones, guess what? Have them powder-coated in white at the same time.:)

302fix

I'd use a grey colored Line-X,. Leave the seats white. Have the dash and roll cage powder-coated white, and the inside and outside of the top painted to match the white powdercoat. I'd also powder-coat the door panels inserts in white. If you have steel painted bumpers... Have them powder-coated in white at the same time.:)

I painted my grill and top black and tinted the rear windows black. I will be changing it all back to white.

The classic bronco just needs those white accents in my opinion.

So my vote is like the Bosshoff except maybe if LineX can be applied in white as well.

Has anyone done white LineX?

JHD

Loc.
Colorado Springs
I think tan would look good with orange. The only problem with a black bedliner (besides the heat) is unless you can powerwash it, it will always looks dirty

Olafur Hallgrim

Loc.
ICELAND
Keep it original

I would say; keep it as original as you can and fits your intentions for the ride. Make the adjustments you need. Go orange all the way. Everything else is to complicated.

Ms. Pinky

Loc.
Richland
From a woman's prospective.............I say go with your gut!!! It's your EB and you will only "LOVE" it if it's what "YOU" want. I agree that the black will be too hot. I love the idea of the white just because white is so crisp and clean, yet "feminin" as well. (my opinion only) Good luck & I can't wait to see the finished product!

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The grey liners look good, a tan would also look nice. With grey you can get away with a few different tones and it will still look good.

Attachments

• side2cage.jpg
    side2cage.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
smct04

smct04

Loc.
Hays, Kansas
I have chrome bumpers. I want to leave those original. I also have a chrome grill. The only thing white on my truck is the topper & the front of the dash. I want to keep a lot of it looking original, but I think the dash needs to go orange. I will always keep the parrot orange color (mainly can't really afford a paint job, but even when I can) because it's always been my favorite color of EB.
I think I am really starting to see light on my decision. I think Tito makes a good point when he says grey can be innertwined, so to speak, and still look really good.
Any other opinions???

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Rock the crisp white against that orange! Orange on the floors with a silver carpet, white trimmed seats. Keep the dash white, white gauges with orange LED for at night. White top, white cage and white bikini top. Contrast the two colors and go bold. If you use black, use it sparingly. Just my humble opinion. Sweet uncut BTW.

White original wheels with caps would be pimp on it.

thesnake

Bronco Guru
On my sister's bronco (I'm putting it together for her) she wants orange. I'm leaning towards the parrot orange color and I think she likes it. She wanted line-x and I suggested after paint, she go with grey. I don't know if she'll have a grey interior or not at this point. I'm just starting on the frame now.

John

OP
OP
smct04

smct04

Loc.
Hays, Kansas
Can anyone tell me, also, what to expect to pay for my rig to be painted. top & bottom.???
We don't see any rust on my truck, but everyone knows there are usually surprises when it comes right down to it. Do I need to take it in to a body shop and have them go over everything? I don't really know the order to do the work in....

p.s. think minimal amount of cost, too...

Ohio Bill

Loc.
Riverside, OH
Can anyone tell me, also, what to expect to pay for my rig to be painted. top & bottom.???
We don't see any rust on my truck, but everyone knows there are usually surprises when it comes right down to it. Do I need to take it in to a body shop and have them go over everything? I don't really know the order to do the work in....

p.s. think minimal amount of cost, too...

Do you have Maaco out there? I know around here cost can vary on what you want to do. Keep in mind surface prep is the issue....cost and results.
I would go out for quotes "on paper" of course.
Hope this gives you some thought from an old body and paint man.