• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Man, this thing was almost back home..........

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
man I had no idea what i was gettin myself into, this things unloaded now and its rusted pretty good! I see why it was bought so reasonable now :(.............NO BRAKES either, ...neighbors chain link fence is a good back stop lol.......hope they dont notice!:)
I see why some of you looked for one so long now! I should a saved my money and did same thing, OH well gonna make it a driver anyways, and HAVE SOME FUN!
thanks
Ben

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
Hang in there Ben.Drum brake parts are pretty resonable price wise.Talk about rust.That 73 I bought didnt have a passenger side floorboard at all.I could have just dropped an anchor out when I wanted to stop.It gets better.

G

Too bad your not in socal i would make you a good deal an a full set of rebuilt drum brakes :eek:

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
oh its gonna be a driver, gonna have some fun with it now! Its not beat up but its rusted real good! I'm gonna stick with it, tops coming off, doors coming off and some lift gonna go in........I'm gonna take it slow.......but its gonna be a fun driver, who knows I may still do a restore on it later on!....
Ben

tcjones76

Loc.
Tyngsboro, Ma
Any local adult education courses on mig welding in your area? ;D

Get it running good first so you can drive it and have fun, then tackle the rust problems one at a time.

Wildturkey

BANNED
Loc.
Coker, Alabama
I think I read we have over 3 thousand members here.Talk about knowledge!That many experts on rust repair in one place.Get ready to do the floor pans let us know.Someone on here has done about anything to a Bronco at some time.Dont hesitate to ask questions.

bnk70bronco

Loc.
Redding, CA
YOu are in the same situation as I was in. I bought it and it was worse than I thought. I bought a welder and dove in. It is coming along nicely now and it has only been a year.

OP
OP
Bronco Ben

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
I'm gonna fix my brakes first, pedal went all the way to the floor first time I hit em, lol though for a second it was the clutch I depressed! ;D

I have money alotted for a welder, and can use one pretty good! So.....thats just a matter of time, I'll get it running first then.........like you say takle it one rust problem at a time!
thanks
Ben