• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Man who made my Bronco dreams possible

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Just wanted to take a brief moment remember my dad and EB buddy, Donald A. Pitts, who passed away too soon two years ago today.

Dad always knew that I had the Bronco bug from when I was 9 or 10 years old. I will never forget that he kept me out of school one day in my freshman year in HS and took me all over eastern and middle TN looking for my first EB. We must have logged 500 miles that day test driving used EBs, but we found a 3 year old '77 that I bought (with his help) and drove for nearly eight years.

Through many Broncos and many adolescent screw ups, he was a loving and supporting father, husband and friend. My twelve year old son, Greyson and I are gearing up to restore his '71 halfcab for his first ride. Thanks for letting me share this with friends here on CB.com..... I just never knew I would miss anyone this much.

Attachments

• Dad_and_Mac_1994.jpg
    Dad_and_Mac_1994.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Dads bronco.JPG
    Dads bronco.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
That is a great memorial to your Dad. Your Bronco is constant reminder of him and all of the great times you guys had together. How great to have had such a great bond - I hope to do the same thing with my Son.

Thanks for sharing.

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Mac, You'll always have good memories:) I'm glad he helped instill the Bronco spirit in you.

Andy
Blue71

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Neat story about your DAD.. While your doing the restro work on your 71 make sure your son understands how these Bronco can turn over.

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Wonderful story. Sounds like your Dad was a great man. I highly respect him for helping you get into Broncos. As said earlier, this is a great memorial to him.

OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, just had the feelings well up the other night and needed to let it out. Just found a cool photo of my dad a couple of years ago working with my brother-in-law on his EB:

Attachments

• Dad and Buddy_Bronco.jpg
    Dad and Buddy_Bronco.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 58

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Thanks for sharing Mac. I always love to hear other peoples father/son EB stories. It makes me remember times when I was growing up of my father and I working on my first Bronco. These are the memories that we never forget and need to pass on to our children.

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Good story Mac, I remember a few months back, you showed up at a M&G at the Varsity in your Dad's little rig!!!! It's sweet and I'm sure Greyson will enjoy restoring it with you!!!
Good luck & you take care!!

Attachments

• DSCN2475.JPG
    DSCN2475.JPG
    180.1 KB · Views: 21
  • DSCN2477.JPG
    DSCN2477.JPG
    178.7 KB · Views: 17
OP
OP
Mac2Night

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Thanks for these photos Ben! Planning on taking her back to the Bahama Blue she was (or whatever color Greyson decides)!

Good story Mac, I remember a few months back, you showed up at a M&G at the Varsity in your Dad's little rig!!!! It's sweet and I'm sure Greyson will enjoy restoring it with you!!!
Good luck & you take care!!

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Nice story, It must be exciting for your son to be working on his grandpa's Bronco, with his dad, for his first ride. That's a lucky young man, right there.;)

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Wonderful story Mac, I try to do the same with my son. We both share the Bronco obsession and whenever he is in town we play and work on the Broncos. I'm sure you have some very hearfelt memories and thanks for sharing a few of them.