• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Manual 3 speed to c4 automatic

Jim73bronco

Loc.
Moyoc, NC
Sorry to ask questions on this again, I tried the search function, it works, I just don't know what to put in to get the right answer...

So anyway I just bought my first EB, 1973, a little fixer upper. I am real excited to learn about these and enjoy the truck.

My first question (I'm sure there will be many) is I have the 3 speed manual on the floor transmission, I want to switch to an automatic. I have a 289 mild built engine, and a chance to buy a c4 auto. The c4 is out of a 1969 ford fairlane, will this fit? I have the Dana 20 transfer case.

Thank you in advance for the help.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
As Mad said it's best to start with a Bronco C4. I've converted a few to Bronco C4's and that ends up costing more than buying a rebuildable Bronco C4. The specific parts you need are the adapter, bearing retainer, auto spud, output shaft, pan, dipstick, shift lever, H servo, governor, etc. Just have to keep your eyes open for them.

OP
OP
J

Jim73bronco

Loc.
Moyoc, NC
Wow, ok. I thought it would be less to make one fit, easier to find a donor. Thanks For the help!

Last edited: