• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - Fire Extinguisher Mount.

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Oh..So I can pull the pin for quick release and use the extinguisher with half of the mount attached??

Yes. May be a bit bulker than normal, but a lot easier to get access to quickly. And yes, I am a one that has used zipties as a mount in the past and that plain sucks when you need it.

Or there are a few people in this world I could think of strapped inside that I may take the time undo the hose clamps, change a tire, a front axle shaft, and fill up, then put out the fire.:D

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
mine came in the mail today Good stuff. Maybe get some them welded up tomorrow if I can get some free time. Thanks for organizing this!

OP
OP
evil69

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
Wyle, have some unwelded ready right now, be a couple weeks on welded. Getting ready for a couple wheeling trips.

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Payment sent for an Unwelded one. Can't wait to get it!

Thanks for putting this together Evil.

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Painted it last night and just installed it. Thanks for a great product at a great price:D Anyone know of any reason I can't store the extinguisher upside down?

Attachments

• DSCF3054.jpg
    DSCF3054.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCF3055.jpg
    DSCF3055.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 53
  • DSCF3056.jpg
    DSCF3056.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 55

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Painted it last night and just installed it. Thanks for a great product at a great price:D Anyone know of any reason I can't store the extinguisher upside down?

I may be wrong but with the powder type extinguishers the powder can pack into the valve making it fail to operate. This is sometimes true even when stored upright. Trick is to bang it on something hard if it fails. Personally I'd carry it gauge-up. I don't believe that would be a problem with a CO2 or liquid type unit.

markyyg

Contributor
4 unwelded, i will paypal right now, thank you, mark @ the secret garden

sstclair

I'd take 2 un-welded if you still have some.
sstclair @ earthlink.net
-Steve