• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass buy for a Terra Comp Tub and 1 Piece Front (ENDED)

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
A Mass buy for a Terra Comp Tub and Front Clip has started. Email me for the price and shipping quote.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
I contacted Terra Comp and they agreed on a Mass Buy! I will be starting a Mass Buy thread as soon as it gets approved.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
put me on the list too, my tub-o-rust is in 2 pieces in the driveway.

ddrass

lars said:
Tubs only or all Terra Comp products?

Good question, although "tub" by Terracomp standards does include everything but the front clip. I wonder if they'd cut a deal on a whole body kit? Either way, I'm in! ;D

Thanks for this, Bronx! It was a great idea.

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
I had the opportunity to compare a Terra Comp tub with a Kentrol tub, literally parked next to each other at SOB last weekend. I can't vouch for how straight they are, but in terms of material thickness and apparent strength the Terra Comp product beats the Kentrol product hands down. Very nice. Also loved the Snoop doors that were on the Terra Comp demo Bronco.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
For simplicity I want to keep the mass buy to the tub only (as seen in the picture). I'm sure terra comp would cut a deal on shipping cost if you ordered more than the tub.

Attachments

• BroncoBTside2.jpg
    BroncoBTside2.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 195

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
bronx said:
For simplicity I want to keep the mass buy to the tub only (as seen in the picture). I'm sure terra comp would cut a deal on shipping cost if you ordered more than the tub.

No worries. I'm planning to buy one of their hoods, and eventually the Snoop doors. Their products are really nice. I definitely won't feel ripped off paying full retail.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Right now we are half way there. I have five serious buyers (including me) that are interested in the Terra Comp tub mass buy.

I talked to Terra Comp and found out that the manufacturing process for a bronco tub is about a week. This means when the mass buy is completed, there will be a ten week lead time before the last bronco body is made.

Mark

Contributor
Bronco Klutz
Loc.
NW Indiana
What kind of $$ are we talking?
What's list price and what kind of break can we expect?

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
I agreed with Terra Comp not to publicly post the price. This is so they can maintain their vendor relations. If you are truley interested, email me at ac7312@hotmail.com or PM me and I will give you the price.

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
mlogan24 said:
I was just looking at their site-looks like a nice product. Here's some links in case someone is wondering what's being sold here-

http://www.terracomp.us/BroncoBodyTub.htm

and

http://www.terracomp.us/BroncoExtra.htm

I wonder how long until someone works out a deal with them and Matkins and starts pumping out kit Broncos. I know if I had the capital, I'd start a shop building custom order EB's, Jeeps, and FJ40's.

Me too,
that's my dream job..... %)

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Sorry for not asking this sooner, but send me your zip code I can get a shipping quote sent as soon as possible. I know this is a deciding factor, so I will to get a shipping quote before I ask anyone to commit.

VT_Don

comparison

I'm in the market for a new tub within the next year. Am interested in a qualified, objective evaluation between Kentrol and Terracomp before I make any commitment. Points of concern are, strength and configeration of door mounting. Do OEM doors fit correctly? Does the door post flex when the door is wide open? What about Windshield frame mounting? Which better accepts the OEM frame & hinge? Which better fits body mounts? Understand fiberglass usually has reinforcing material laminated into it. Is either using a premium strength product, i.e. aluminum honeycomb typical of aircraft? Are reinforcement plates and hardware stainless or carbon steel? Is construction by preferred, hand laminated glass cloth or chopper gun like shower stalls?
Bottom line is, I don't give a rat's ass how straight and pretty it looks new. I need to know if it's made well enough to justify a big investment in both time and money for another 20 years of use.