• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass buy for a Terra Comp Tub and 1 Piece Front (ENDED)

Bronchole

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chatsworth, Ca (LA)
I may be interested, could you please PM me the price, I'll probably drive up there and pick it up but I guess it would be prudent to get the shipping quote to 91311 (private) and 93012 (business)

Thanks
Dan

Frankenhorse

Loc.
Smyrna,TN
Jason TN said:
I may do this Frank(Dan). I live in Knoxville that is about 3 hours from you? Id liek to get the tub but am considering ordering the front end in seperate pieces (not sure yet)

How much more time do we have to get this deal?

BTW Dan I have seen the tilt on EBayones but not sure what set up you can use bumpers ect. Might keep an eye out for some for sale like that and email them and ask.

Thanks Jason but, after looking into the details of doing what I want I would have to reinvent the wheel to get it to tilt over the winch. Also there is the hasle of keeping it down with out a rattle or a strap.

Thanks again Dan

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
There are 4 people 100% committed for the mass buy. I will have a couple more shipping quotes hopefully by mid-day.

Bronx

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Shipping Quotes

If anyone wants a shipping quote or is waiting for a shipping quote, please PM me or email me at ac7312@hotmail.com

Also if you want to participate in the mass buy please let me know. I have a total of 4 people so far, need to get to 10.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Deadline has been extended to 9//2005

Terra Comp has extended the mass buy though next week. Also Terra Comp will start taking orders for those that are ready to buy.

Thanks,

Bronx

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
The mass buy will be ending tomorrow.
Please contact me (PM or email) or Terra Comp (Julie or Russell) if you want to participate in the mass buy.
Terra Comp Phone: (916) 645-8111

Also, I was talking to Russell today and he was explaining to me that the cost of fiberglass is going up, so don't expect a better price in the future. Also don't expect the shipping cost to go down. They are currently higher than what has been quoted, but they will be honoring the quotes they gave.

There are still open slots available so let me know ASAP if you want to participate!

Last edited:

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
I'm so hyper about this. I think I got the first one sent to me. Either that or the second one. It'll be at my place on the 26th. Just curious about what the other people are planning on doing with theirs though. Undercoating for protection and sound deadening? Bedlining? Using their current front end? Using old pieces like dashes? Putting on a body lift?

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
I think I'm going to use LizardSkin for my undercoating. This stuff insulates and protects the fiberglass from heat and gravel.

http://www.lizardskin.com/pages/ceramic.htm

I've also found some tech articles on how to prep and paint a fiberglass body

http://www.diynetwork.com/diy/ar_replica_car_kits/article/0,2021,DIY_13707_2272508,00.html
http://rodandcustommagazine.com/techarticles/55361/

For rock protection I was thinking of fabbing up some "nerf bars" that would also double as roll cage tie-ins. I figure this is the best way to secure the cage and also protect the fiberglass rockers.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Last day to get on the list! Send me a PM or email today if you want to participate in the mass buy.

bronx

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
I bought the Terra Comp tub this past spring. It is a nice unit. I also bought hood, grill, fenders and snoop doors from them. I found out the hard way that my roll cage did not fit because the wheel wells are larger on the fiberglass tub. There was more body work than I anticipated, but that was from my lack of experience not a Terra Comp specific thing. Any fiberglass tub will have seams and other things that require some work. Also the inner fender well did not match up well so I had a new one customer fabricated. It now looks amazing.

I rhino-lined my tub inside and underneath. I thought long and hard about the lizard skin but ended up just going with Rhino Liner.

I have heard there is a 500 lb difference between a complete fiberglass tub and body and steel. I would be curious to know whether that is accurate.

All in all I am very happy with my fiberglass body and highly recommend it. Especially with anyone who lives in rust prone areas.

JT

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
I think I've decided on the lizard skin for my undercoating. Probably herculine the interior. The reason for the lizard skin is that it will keep my heat in the Bronco when it's -45. It should also protect the tub from a lot of that nasty noise that I hear can happen when rocks hit it (I live on a gravel road). I also heard about the 500 lb difference but I'm not sure how much the steel tub weighs. The fiberglass one is probably 300-325 judging that the whole package was 375.

ddrass

jate said:
Also the inner fender well did not match up well so I had a new one customer fabricated.
JT

JT:

Which wells didn't line up well? The tub fender or the front clip fender?

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
ddrass said:
JT:

Which wells didn't line up well? The tub fender or the front clip fender?

The tubwells didn't work. I ended up having to sell my cage and have another one custom fabricated. The front fenders fit fine with a little work getting them aligned.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
Thank you

I would like to thank all the members that participated in the mass buy.

I'm getting my tub tonight and will be posting pics tomorrow. I will also be posting the progress of painting, undercoating, and fabricating as time goes on.

Those that are interested in the mass buy let me know by this Friday and I might still be able to get you on the list.

Thanks,

Bronx