• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass buy for a Terra Comp Tub and 1 Piece Front (ENDED)

ddrass

bronx said:
I would like to thank all the members that participated in the mass buy.

I'm getting my tub tonight and will be posting pics tomorrow. I will also be posting the progress of painting, undercoating, and fabricating as time goes on.

Those that are interested in the mass buy let me know by this Friday and I might still be able to get you on the list.

Thanks,

Bronx

Thank you Bronx - it was a heck of a deal. How many people ended-up participating? The folks at Terracomp couldn't be nicer.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
ddrass said:
Thank you Bronx - it was a heck of a deal. How many people ended-up participating? The folks at Terracomp couldn't be nicer.

There was a total of 4 tubs ordered :'( , but the good people at Terra Comp were nice enough to give us the mass buy price. The people at Terra Comp are really nice to work with.

Those that did not participate in the mass buy and still want to buy a Terra Comp product will not be dissapointed in their customer service. I know that everyone is a budget, but as I get older I realize that the cheapest price is not always the best deal. Customer service is an intangable value that is often overlooked when price shopping between vendors and products. I would recommend to anyone on this forum to do business with Terra Comp.

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
Here are some my pics after the Terra Comp tub and parts were painted. The paint is a pearl white. It turned out very nice. The fiberlgass turned out nice.

Attachments

• side view sans front clip.jpg
    side view sans front clip.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 59
  • rear view 2 6-24-05.jpg
    rear view 2 6-24-05.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 53
  • inside tub.jpg
    inside tub.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 54
  • tub side view.jpg
    tub side view.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 58

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
jate said:
Here are some my pics after the Terra Comp tub and parts were painted. The paint is a pearl white. It turned out very nice. The fiberlgass turned out nice.

Did you undercoat your tub with anything?

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
pics of my tub

Got my tub fenders, and hood from Terra Comp :D . Everything arrived in great condition, no dings or major scratches. The crate was actually a pain to take apart because it was so well built (I had to saw the thing apart). I'm not complaining though, I'm glad Terra Comp took the time to protect the fiberglass tub. I decided to order the front fenders and hood along with the tub because I want the front fenders to match the rear, and I didn't want to deal with the one piece front end. The hood is also really nice, I got the raised hood to clear my 351w. (sorry I don't have a pic of the hood, I couldn't find a good angle)

Take a look at the pics, the rear fender wells are definately bigger than the stock well. Its going to be great for 33"s or maybe 35"s I plan to use.
I am trying to figure out the best way to fill in some of the gaps on the fiberglass body. In the inner side pic of the tub you can see the exposed fiberglass (not covered by gel coat) right behind the rear door post. I'm thinking of filling it in with some fiberglass and sanding it level, then when I use a bedliner it will completely cover it up. Also for the firewall I'm thinking of using 1/8 or 3/16 plate of stainless as a support for the brake booster and gas/brake pedall support.

For everyone that particapated, let me know how how everything turns out.

I can't wait to get the body on the frame!

P.S. I have a steel body for sale ;D

Attachments

• fender.JPG
    fender.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 35
  • front tub.JPG
    front tub.JPG
    235.2 KB · Views: 49
  • side tub.JPG
    side tub.JPG
    239.3 KB · Views: 50
  • back tub.JPG
    back tub.JPG
    188.4 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
Man, that is so sweet. I can't wait until Monday when I pick mine up. As for covering up the exposed fiberglass why not just cover it with your bedliner? Or is the gap that bad?

broncomanbrad

Loc.
Roseau, MN
I got to see my tub today. I didn't have my trailer with me so I'll pick it up tonight. Apparently it's been at the place since last thursday. I was pretty ticked off to know that it's been sitting there for 4 days and the shipping company told me it'd be there today. The only problem I saw with the tub was a small chipped area right behind the drivers door area. It shouldn't be too bad to patch up though. I guess that's what you get for having it shipped all the way across the country. Have I mentioned that I'm very excited?

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
jate said:

Jate, how's the gellcoat? Does it even need to be painted if I wanted to keep it white?? How does it look with just the gelcoat?

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
supermottl said:
Jate, how's the gellcoat? Does it even need to be painted if I wanted to keep it white?? How does it look with just the gelcoat?

The gelcoat is okay. You could keep it just as it is, but I don't think it would look that great. I would take it to Maaco or Scheib and pay $400 - $500 to get it painted before I left it. I don't know if there are any downsides like fading or scratching to worry about.

OP
OP
B

bronx

Loc.
Austin, TX
windshield and dash mounting

Hey Jate,

How did you mount the windshield frame and the dash? Any tips and pics would be appreciated.

bronx

jate

Loc.
Salt Lake City
bronx said:
Hey Jate,

How did you mount the windshield frame and the dash? Any tips and pics would be appreciated.

bronx

I will get some detailed pics this week. I used new hinges for the windshield frame. I didn't put the dash in, they did that after it was painted. I will find out and get back to you.

JT