• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy on Wild Horses "Gear Banger" NP435 shifter by IronBender?

bannind

Great - keep us informed. My wife is complaining about having to shift with the standard NP435 shifter throw and her short arm span. And the standard shifter knob on the top is nice also, just as a hint at where the gears are.

dblue351

ya those pics are from my truck. As you can see it is still a work in progress. I just got it running yeasterday and was able to finnally drive it. I guess we had mounted it too high in the shifter because I could not get it into reverse. Once we lowered where it mounted it worked great! It is a very nice shifter.

IronBenderII

dblue351 said:
ya those pics are from my truck. As you can see it is still a work in progress. I just got it running yeasterday and was able to finnally drive it. I guess we had mounted it too high in the shifter because I could not get it into reverse. Once we lowered where it mounted it worked great! It is a very nice shifter.

Didn't I meet you over @ Mark's house? You had a white full size that you had just done a 60 swap in?

Brono looks great (from what I can see), glad you like the shifter!!!

I'll keep you guys up to speed on the other version...

Jack

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
IronBenderII said:
Hey guys, we hear ya! We're working on a design that will have a knob on top (will come w/ the Wild Horses knob but you can run what you want) and will be made out of steel. Should be less expensive than the billet version but just as cool :D.

Jack

Can ya make it so the ratio is adjustable, like multiple mounting holes on the knob lever?

I think one of the knobs from a Cab-over 18 wheeler would be perfect shaped for this position.

IronBenderII

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know we haven't forgotten about this. We're VERY close to having a finished product...

Jack

IronBenderII

There hasn't been any talk of a mass buy, I can run it by Wild Horses if there is enough demand...

We're meeting w/ Wild Horses to show them the production model next week. From there hopefully they'll place an order and be ready shortly.

Jack

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Think I could make this work on my ZF Jack?
More mods to the shifter stub might be necessary , but it should still work shouldn't it?
Need a proto?
Did you get my PM on the other board about the shifter?
Later
Chreees

IronBenderII

sorry for the delay... Chris, saw your PM but haven't read it (been really busy).

Should be available soon... We're meeting w/ Wild Horses this week.

Jack

IronBenderII

Sorry guys, no spy photos available. It looks cool though! Exactly what the guys asked for that didn't want something so flashy. We're calling it the Trail Edition...

If there is enough interest, we can do a mass buy...

Jack