• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB 2014 Summer Trail Ride, Aug 23rd, Big Rubbers Windber, Pa

chris

No more Rock Crawler
MEB summer trail ride August 23 at Big Rubbers Windber, Pa

Big Rubbers is a 4x4 club based in Windber, Pa They hold several events a year including car shows, charity bennifit fund raisers, and off road events. Their clubgrounds consists of about 125 acres and has trails for all levels of offroading. Most all of the funds they raise are donated to local charities. For pics and more info on their club go to bigrubbers4x4.org.

Our event will be run by MEB members and each vehicle driving the trails will donate $20 towards Big Rubbers charity fund, We will start the trail rides at 9:30am and will spend most of the day on the trails. Pack your own lunch and make sure you have a full tank of gas. For more info contact Bernie Kiser at broncogt@yahoo.com

8-7-14, got this from Bernie Kaiser about the location-

The address for BR is 3222 Dark Shade Dr
Windber, Pa 15963

I tried map quest from the east and it took me up rt30, not my choice of routes so here are some directions.

From the east: Pa turnpike to Bedford exit, I99 north (go1 exit), left onto rt56 west to Windber, left onto rt 160 south (second light at stadium), follow rt 160 about 4mi BR on right. (will post a sign).

From the west: Pa turnpike to Somerset, rt 219 north, take rt 56 east exit to Windber,right onto rt 160 south, follow rt160 about 4 mi to BR on right

If anybody needs directions they can call me 814 467-6114

Last edited:
OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
We have a few people signed up so far, who else is going?

A couple of us are going to be camping onsite at least Friday night, anyone else?

pa69broncoguy

Im planning on coming and bringing a friend, do i need to sign up on meb's website?

broncojo

Loc.
Lewis Run, PA
I been wanting to try their park, does anyone have some pics of the trails. I just went to Rausch Creek two weeks ago and was very impressed with their trail system. I know they have a bigger area but I would like to know what BR's place is like in comparison.

Broncitis

MEB Founder
MEB has never been to Big Rubbers park before. We have a couple members who are also members in Big Rubbers, but they are not that active on here.

I have never been there before, but plan to go out for at least the day, maybe an overnight or two to ride along with Chris, Steve, or?

Roadburner

Big Rubbers is a small park compared to Rausch Creek. It is privately owned and is a little over 100 acres. Most of the trails are blue/black with short rock gardens. There are a few green trails and some have water holes, so a stocker will get muddy. Only a couple red trails and being off camber they are more for the buggy crowd. A small group can run all the trails in a day as long as the weather is good. Rain makes the trails completely different here.
If you go to bigrubbers4x4forums and look up trail rides there are pics posted. Most are of Jeeps, but that is who shows up at their events.

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Added address and directions to the event info. See the first post.

Roadburner

Bernie, Ralph from BR, and I spent the afternoon yesterday cutting in a new trail. I'm hoping to add to it and cut another one later this week or early next week. Our group will be the first to try them on the 23rd.

pa69broncoguy

We are trying, still probably sticking to the easier side of things.

Ill, be sticking to easier stuff too, I dont have any lockers and only 33's

Does anyone know how this compares to the outback offroad adventure in emelton? From the pictures it looks comparable.

Roadburner

Those who want to come on Friday there is primitive camping on site or you can drop off tour trail rig and stay at a motel. You will need to let me know so we can open the gate to the property. Local motels are within 6-7 miles
Holiday Inn Express 814 266-8789
Comfort Inn 814 266-3678
Sleep Inn 814 262-9292
Super 8 814 535-5600
Murphy's Inn 814 266-4800

Send me a PM

Bernie

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I missed yet another MEB trail event/ride... Any pics to help me stay motivated to get my Bronco running well and back on the trails???

pa69broncoguy

I only snapped one with the phone and not too good, getting ready to pull out my friends jeep that split open his oil pan.

It was a good time, they have some nice trails.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 38

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Here are my pics. I can't believe the only one I got of my brother driving my Bronco ended up out of focus, but I'm posting it anyway.

This was a great park! My brother and I had a lot of fun!

Attachments

• IMGP0339.jpg
    IMGP0339.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP0346.jpg
    IMGP0346.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 44
  • IMGP0354.jpg
    IMGP0354.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMGP0356.jpg
    IMGP0356.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMGP0359.jpg
    IMGP0359.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 41
  • IMGP0362.jpg
    IMGP0362.jpg
    119 KB · Views: 42

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I missed yet another MEB trail event/ride... Any pics to help me stay motivated to get my Bronco running well and back on the trails???

Chris,
Hurry up and get your Bronco done! Here is a video to also help get you motivated.
video
My brother also got lots of Gopro footage so that will be fun to see once he gets it uploaded.

Drew