• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Shootout Uwharrie, NC April 22-23, 2005

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
Chuck, you will need to pull the carrier even if you have an open diff. The cross shaft won't come out till you remove the ring gear. But as far as tools for swapping carrier, you will need a dial indicater, calipers, a set of set up bearings, and a press is nice too. The set up bearings are opened up so they slide on and off the carrier easily when you are trying to find the right shim combo. I have all these if you need so help. I'd start with the package that came off the old carrier and work from there.

Yvon, I say come on up. Big brothers are welcome too.

ChuckUNC

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
BUCKETOBOLTS said:
Chuck, you will need to pull the carrier even if you have an open diff. The cross shaft won't come out till you remove the ring gear. But as far as tools for swapping carrier, you will need a dial indicater, calipers, a set of set up bearings, and a press is nice too. The set up bearings are opened up so they slide on and off the carrier easily when you are trying to find the right shim combo. I have all these if you need so help. I'd start with the package that came off the old carrier and work from there.

Yvon, I say come on up. Big brothers are welcome too.

Yeah if you wouldnt mind giving me a hand I would really appreciate it. Im going to pull the cover off this weekend and make sure its a limited slip, if it isnt then the install should be easy. Thanks alot

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
"If" I can get a trailor by then, I'd like to buzz down that way. I've been there once in my "non-EB". Looked like a nice place to play.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
Joe,

How about renting one of those Uhaul tow dollies? I'm considering using one of those to make this trip.

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
raleigh_bronco said:
Joe,

How about renting one of those Uhaul tow dollies? I'm considering using one of those to make this trip.

I think my tires are too big for a two-wheel dolly. I really need a trailor. I'll look for one this weekend.

OldieTwoShoes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raleigh, NC
might be able to make it, but its the weekend before finals so it doesnt look too good :( , but id be open for some summer runs if you guys want to do that ;D

Mr Joe

Bronco Guru
I was just told that I need to make an appearance at a freind's wedding the 23rd.....Maybe he'll postpone when he hears MEB has a function the same weekend ;D

No, he won't :(

PeteO

Loc.
Tappahannock
raleigh_bronco said:
Widespread Panic is playing in Raleigh on the 22 and 23 and I want to catch one of the shows. But I'm definitely going to be in Uwharrie with the MEB guys for atleast one day and night. I hope that some of the other Raleigh guys will convoy down to Troy with me. (Jason Thomas, Higgins Horse, ChuckUNC, Red76, anyone else???)

How has the response been so far with your Greensboro guys and the other MEB members?

Thanks for putting this together! Looking forward to getting together with so many EB's.

PS: If anyone has an NP435 for sale and can bring it to the event, I'm in the market ;D

a man who likes broncos and panic, sweet.

see ya in rally!

OP
OP
nhopman

nhopman

TTT

The Shootout is only 3 weeks away and it looks like we'll have a fairly good turnout.

More information about the event is now on our website at
http://www.earlybroncos.com/new_events/bronco_shootout/Index.html

On Friday we will meet at the Range. I have listed a time of 1:00 but I
will be there around 10:00 to start setting up if you want to come
early.

For those that may be staying somewhere else or will be coming in Sat
morning, we will meet at the big parking lot off of Dutch John Rd. (#553) at 8:30-9:00 and will depart to the trails from there.
There is a trail map on the website that you can print out.

Remember that they don't have pay tubes at the trailhead, so you will have
purchase a trail pass at one of the locations listed on the website before getting to the parking lot. The Eldorado Outpost is the closest to the trails and they have a kitchen and they serve good food there and you can get trails snacks, and get gas as well.

I look forward to seeing and meeting everyone there.

Nick

BUCKETOBOLTS

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Salisbury, NC
I think I'm ready. I just finished up installng my Cage Leafs and the third member. I had to replace the spiders in the Traclok. I didn't get a test drive in this evening but plan on driving to Baseball practice tomorrow.

I'm taking a few days off of work that week and don't have any games that weekend. So I hope to make it down Friday afternoon for a little while. But I am definately there Saturday. I ought to get out my trust ol' Ruger10/20 and run a few rounds through it Friday. :cool:

digmy76

Man....I have been so busy at work that I totally missed this thread! I am just an hour away in Charlotte. Hopefully, I can convince the wife that "she" wants me to go to this event and get me out of her hair. If that works then I will be there. I will try and get a camping spot, if someone already has one and wants to split it up with me (I'll have a 6 man tent and 2 - 3 friends) that would be good. I will confirm within a few days. Hope to see everyone soon!

Hayes

ChuckUNC

Loc.
Raleigh, NC
Im still planning on coming. Ive got my front end all torn apart right now ready to have a lockright installed. So if I can get that done I should be there.

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
uwharrie

Hey Nick, Me and another EB were wanting to go that weekend also.If work doesn't screww us up you 'll probably see us there. KM ;D

digmy76

Hey Ken,

Are you going up Friday after work, or Saturday morning. I will try and get out there and get up with you at some point. I want you to take a look at the bumper mounting and see if it is as strong as it can be, and/or makes some suggestions to make the mounting better. I look forward to seeing you out there and teaching me a thing or two. Do you have a front bumper ready to go yet?

Hayes

OP
OP
nhopman

nhopman

kens71 said:
Hey Nick, Me and another EB were wanting to go that weekend also.If work doesn't screww us up you 'll probably see us there. KM ;D

Hey Ken,

Hopefully work will work won't screw up your fun. Look forward to seeing you there.

Nick

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The southern Maryland gang willbe there...

kens71

Loc.
Sumter, S.C.
digmy76 said:
Hey Ken,

Are you going up Friday after work, or Saturday morning. I will try and get out there and get up with you at some point. I want you to take a look at the bumper mounting and see if it is as strong as it can be, and/or makes some suggestions to make the mounting better. I look forward to seeing you out there and teaching me a thing or two. Do you have a front bumper ready to go yet?

Hayes
Yeah right, If you watch closely I'll show you what Not to do. ;D .
I always make a good guinea pig.

digmy76

Well, it looks like I'll be able to make it!!! Not sure if I can get there for camping Friday, but Saturday is a definite, (unless something tragic happens). Is there a count on how many rigs/people are attending?