• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Cruise Oct 12th, 2013 Hamburg Pa

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Hello fellow club members. I would like to invite you and your Bronco’s to the 2013 MEB Fall Cruise on October 12th. We will spend this year’s event with two interesting tours and a great fall foliage cruise through Southern Schuylkill County and Berks County.

We will start the cruise at Cabela’s in Hamburg Pa., conveniently located just off of Interstate 78. Cabela’s opens at 8:00 AM, so if you want to see the store and do some shopping, you will have until 8:45, which will be our departure time for the beginning of the cruise.

Once we leave Cabela’s, we will be heading north on Rt. 61 for a private tour through the Yuengling Brewery. Our tour check in will be at 9:45, with the tour beginning at 10:00 am. Please note that the tour will require climbing a number of steps due to the age of the brewery. Also, no open toe shoes are allowed. Please see the Yuengling Brewery website for additional details of the tour, (giftshop@yuengling.com). The tour will last for approximately one hour and fifteen minutes.
We will depart for the next leg of our cruise at 11:15. We will be traveling to Boyertown, Pa for a tour of the Boyertown Museum, which is a museum of antique and historic vehicles. www.boyertownmuseum.org. The museum closes at 4:00. We should be arriving at the museum between 2:30 and 3:00, to try to provide as much time as possible to see the exhibits.

Lunch will be somewhere along the way from Pottsville to Boyertown. I have a few ideas in the works and will update everyone on our lunch plans as the date gets closer.

For overnight accommodations, the closest hotel to Cabelas is the Microtel Hotel. Rates on their website are listed at $85.00 per night. 610-562-4234.

There are also a number of campgrounds close to Cabelas. Blue Rocks Campground (bluerockscampground.com) and Mountain Springs Camping Resort (mountainspringscampground.com).

The Hamburg area also offers many different food options for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
8:00 AM: Cabelas opens for those wanting to see the store
8:45 AM: Leave Cabelas parking lot for Pottsville for Yuengling Brewery Tour
9:45: Check in for brewery tour
10:00: Tour begins
11:30: Leave for balance of cruise, cruise to Boyertown Museum
1:00: Stop for lunch
1:45: Leave lunch spot for Boyertown Museum tour
2:30-2:45: Arrive at Boyertown Museum for tour
4:00: That’s all she wrote.

In order to make sure we have enough resources, Please make sure you register here-

https://earlybroncos.clubexpress.com/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=228600&item_id=297037

Last edited:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
I'll be there, probably with the Balloon Chaser.

Don can not make it since that is the same day as the AACA judging over at Hershey and he has to be there with the half cab to hopefully get its Senior award. He is bummed since he has never missed an MEB Fall Cruise yet!

How many is this for us anyway?

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be there, probably with the Balloon Chaser.

Don can not make it since that is the same day as the AACA judging over at Hershey and he has to be there with the half cab to hopefully get its Senior award. He is bummed since he has never missed an MEB Fall Cruise yet!

How many is this for us anyway?

If memory serves me correctly (and many times it doesn't) this is the 10th cruise. We missed 2009 due to a last minute cancelation because of a flooding situation in southern MD, where we were planning to cruise.

We'll be there. I made my camping reservation at Blue Rocks Family Campground last week. BTW - they are filling up fast, as October is one of their busiest months.

I know Don is bummed about missing the cruise - what a dilema!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Well, good news and bad news I guess.

With the recent Moab trip, my dad forgot to register the 67 Halfcab for Hershey and missed the deadline and there is no way to get it judged at the upcoming show, so I expect he and my mom will now be on the MEB Fall Cruise as originally planned!

Looks like he may have to go down to Port St. Lucie, FL in February to the next show with judging. Its the same week as the Zepherhills show, so I'm thinking that might be a good road trip when is is cold up here!

72pabronco

Anita and I will be coming. I think Bruce and Tina will be coming along with us. Can't wait to see all the Broncos

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Well, good news and bad news I guess.

With the recent Moab trip, my dad forgot to register the 67 Halfcab for Hershey and missed the deadline and there is no way to get it judged at the upcoming show, so I expect he and my mom will now be on the MEB Fall Cruise as originally planned!

Looks like he may have to go down to Port St. Lucie, FL in February to the next show with judging. Its the same week as the Zepherhills show, so I'm thinking that might be a good road trip when is is cold up here!

Gee, what a shame, Don will have to go to FL in February...what a hardship! You better drive them there Drew. It will be good to see them for the cruise though.

pa69broncoguy

looks like 6 members registered so far, how many broncos going to come, im planning on bringing mine

muskrat

Bronco Guru
My family and I will be there. I need to get a head count for the lunch, so if you're coming, please register on the MEB site.

Thanks!

dunacn1

Loc.
Holland, PA
I am going to try and make it. Having tow vehicle issues, so I may just meet up with the group in Boyertown.

Fireball05

Bronco Guru
Tow vehicle?! Can't you drive the Bronco? You're less than an hour away, right?