• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Street Cruise! November 14, 2009 - POSTPONED DUE TO WX!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Time to make plans to attend the 2009 Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos Fall Street Cruise. ;D

You are invited to join us for this day of touring Southern Maryland. We'll meet at 9:00 at the "McFann Compound" and plan on leaving for the Cruise around 10:00 a.m. Bill (BMC69) and Judi (Fordfilly) have a great day planned to see the local sites - including several light houses, a state park, and a couple of museums. They have picked a nice spot for the MEB-provided picnic lunch. This is a great chance to drive your stocker or street modified Bronco along with a bunch of your favorite friends (Bronco enthusiats!) and cruise the highways of Southern Maryland. (Or if you think your trail rig can make the drive - and it's street legal - bring it!)

Actually you don't have to drive a Bronco to join us - but you are encouraged to. So even if your Bronco is up on blocks in the middle of it's 8-year restoration project this is a good chance to meet some mid-Atlantic area Bronco people and get some inspiration!

There are a few local hotels/motels if you want to overnight in the area on Friday or Saturday nights or Bill has offered his yard as overnight camping for RV's or tents. Here's Bill's invitation from a previous thread -

As Gary alluded to in the opening post, we (BMC69 and Fordfilly) are hosting this event as far as providing a starting point for the run and we have lots of room for campers and quite a few guest rooms at our secluded island compound. For those who are looking at a longish ride to get to southern Merlin for this steet cruise, we are offering a place to stay over Friday night before the run and/or the Saturday night afterward. We'll figure on a big breakfast Saturday for all that arrived early to kick things off. For those that stay over to leave Sunday, we'll suggest a trip to Tall Timbers Marina for their awesome Sunday brunch and 'best damned bloody mary's" in the world.

On the same island, St. George, just a short distance up the street is the River Creek Lodge and Evans Seafood resort. Room availability there should be excellent that time of year.

http://www.rivercreeklodge.com/

At the tip of the island, we also have the Camp Merryelande Resort.

http://www.campmd.com/

We will provide specific directions and the sentry passwords to access to our super-secret secure compound to all who sign up.;D (That is mainly a precaution in the off chance that Evil69 signs up...:p)

For general directions to St. George Island, Google: "Piney Point, MD 20674"

The itinerary is not firm yet; we have identified a number of potential stopping points along the route that loops the perimeter of the western-shore MD peninsula. It is 'heavy' on lighthouses, waterfront scenery and local history. Because the peninsula here is so narrow, the cruise will end not that far from where it begins, thus making it convenient for planning your trip down ..and convenient for those that plan on making a full weekend of it.

ppl-7_small.jpg
ppl-3_small.jpg

JULY_042.jpg
05-16-07_007.jpg

The itinerary should be firmed up soon and I'll let Bill and Judi fill you in! :cool:

This Fall Street Cruise is a little more out of the way for some of our members but we were looking for something a little different and new this year. It will definately be well worth the trip! ;D

Hope to see you there! Please reply if you can make it or with any questions you might have.

Gary Gibson
MEB Events Coordinator

Last edited:

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be there, hopefully driving the pretty bronco rather than the ugly one.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru

The only EB our of our whole pile that is running and has tags..IS the ugly one. But that's what we're running...;D Well..ok..we have other ugly ones that are running...but with no tags on 'em.:p

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll be there, hopefully driving the pretty bronco .

Hey..I just thought of something. We'll be driving right past our private 'vehicle testing area' as we go south past St. Mary's City (the orignal capital of MD in the 1600s and a stop on our itinerary). We have use of an gravel quarry for 'test purposes'..and its a really nasty muddy mess. We could stop there and wheel a bit. ;D

Maybe not a good idea for a street cruise...:p

74creamsickle

Loc.
Perkasie.PA
A very good chance Pete and I are going to make the trip. Only concern is how well the toilets flush. I have NOT found a portable plunger !! ;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru

I have a solution Judy. First thing, there are no ugly Broncos.
Let Roger drive the "ugly" one and since you are the pretty one you drive the glass Bronco:)
In case you guys need a head count....
Me and the family will be there again this year in the daily driver. 2 adults and three kids.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Not going to make it this year. The daughters Sweet 16 Birthday party got rescheduled to the same date.

Have fun!

cesco

Not going to make it this year. The daughters Sweet 16 Birthday party got rescheduled to the same date.

Have fun!

Does this mean that she will be driving a red bronco? now we all know why you have been working on it....;D

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I am planning on being there if I can get my cage welded and my top together and put on in time.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I have a solution Judy. First thing, there are no ugly Broncos.
Let Roger drive the "ugly" one and since you are the pretty one you drive the glass Bronco:)
In case you guys need a head count....
Me and the family will be there again this year in the daily driver. 2 adults and three kids.

Thanks Allen, I like your thinking! We'll definitely be on the cruise, with 2 broncos and 1 F-150 there has to be something to drive that day. We are picking up the pretty one this Sunday from Randy.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The fall cruise is a great time to get another set of Bronco glasses to add to your collection. The 2008 set of 3 is $10 and the new 2009 glass is $5. I can bring them to the cruise, let me know if you're interested.

For those who don't have a set, this is your chance to buy them with no shipping charge! See pictures of them in the MEB store at www.earlybroncos.com.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, I too am not sure whether to drive the purdy one or the ugly one.

If I can knock out the dents in my tailgate from where Ransil rear-ended me at the Fawl Crawl, I just might drive the trail rig! :cool: ;D

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Bill,
Do you have enough yard space for me to pull a 33' fifth wheel RV in (and out)?
I am trying to figure out if I should trailer down the Bronco and stay at the local hotel or pull the RV down. I found a local RV campground as well.
I have a generator to run the RV without hookups.
Thanks,
John

ransil

Bronco Guru
Yeah, I too am not sure whether to drive the purdy one or the ugly one.

If I can knock out the dents in my tailgate from where Ransil rear-ended me at the Fawl Crawl, I just might drive the trail rig! :cool: ;D

I still need to get that ugly silver paint off my bumper & winch..

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I still need to get that ugly silver paint off my bumper & winch..

OK - I'll come clean. Ransil saved my butt by easing into me as I was sliding backwards down a really slippery mud hill. (I'm hoping that next year you can get a nice shade of green on your winch!) ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
OK - who else is coming? This is a good chance to see bmc69's and Fordfilly's "compound" and a number of Bronco projects! Maybe a sneak peek at Forfilly's flathead project?? ;D :cool:

Broncitis

MEB Founder
If the weather cooperates my plan is to come down with the 66 Roadster for my mom and dad and the 77 Ranger for me. We'd be bringing them in the enclosed 40' trailer with the Volvo.

If it is cold and or possible rain, we'll likely just bring the Ranger with a single trailer I'll need to scrounge since mine is in the middle of an upgrade to 5200# axles and larger fenders to clear the new 16" tires and wheels. Probably Lou's open trailer or my dad's buddy has a single enclosed tag I could drag down with the superduty.

Looking forward to it! We have reservations for Friday and Saturday at the Rivercreek Lodge.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Woo Hoo - my purdy one has new hydroboost braking and wow! does it ever stop now!! It will definitely be making the fall cruise. We will finally be able to appreciate the new 5.0 crate motor that was installed earlier this year.

I think its spent more time in Ransil's garage than mine this year. Thanks Ransil!!