• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fall Street Cruise! November 14, 2009 - POSTPONED DUE TO WX!

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
Yeah we now have a supply of fuel for generators, beer, cigs for those that smoke and a freezer full of steaks.....................camping storm style!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah we now have , beer, cigs for those that smoke !

Hon..we lump all that in to one term: "Emergency supplies" ;D I remember the last two major floods..in '03 and '06. After days went by with no contact to the 'outside world', the last guy with either a cig or a beer was looked upon by the rest like a pack of wolves would look on a lone sheep. Its not a good spot to be in...;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I now have no plans for Saturday so if you need any help any way give me/us a shoutout.

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
Winds are getting worse.............someone lost their 20' catamaran which is laying sideways in the shore bank. Okay, I'm ready for this to be over with!

ransil

Bronco Guru
weather reports says they are still getting it, could be another 12 hours.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
still getting nailed hard. Water rising again and will soon exceed yesterday's high. More pier carnage..mine and neighbors both. Great..just what I was planning on buying myself for Christmas..a new pier.:-X

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
All broncos are safe so far...now if these high winds will back off before trees and/or limbs start to come down. Winds are clocking around from the NE to straight on North.........this will effect new areas of homes, piers, trees, etc.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If you guys need help cleaning up just let us know - like Allen said, we're not doing anything this weekend!

Hang in there!

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
Clean up can't start until this thing is gone but right now it is still very strong. Current pictures as of 2 hrs ago.

Side yard..
0911130054.jpg

0911130079.jpg

0911130035.jpg

Friends new 20' HobieCat.
0911130003.jpg

0911130002.jpg

0911130103.jpg

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The water crested and has now gone back down a good 6".. the worst is now over.:cool:

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Newsflash, Judi told Bill to go fly a kite.........he hasn't been seen since.

Fordfilly

Loc.
Ford Part Heaven
I did no such thing.............but if I look around the yard I might find parts of one. I've got A/C covers, lifejackets, old wooden door from a boat, bottles, parts of piers (including our own), logs, wooden rudders, etc.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good lord! some nasty pics guys, hope you stay safe!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We're fine. We lost about 30' of our pier..but that is about it for costly damage. The rest is easily dealt with once I get thee backhoe running and the yard dries out a bit.