• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Michigan snow gallop February 21st and 22nd

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Looks like the snow is doing well up north. Here is a picture today.

c2L.jpg

Keep the snow coming!!

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
And here is the weather at the Michigan Indiana border
a7aqa7a8.jpg

Dead stop sheet of ice and I'm driving this empty. Already had the trailer get out from me. I'm at the rest stop cleaning my drawers out as I type. Hope the roads are better that weekend! I should have my new ride by then.
sapyne8e.jpg

I was with a friend heading up to North Point near Traverse City and we were going over the Zilwaukee Bridge
zilwaukee.jpg

we were pulling a 32 foot enclosed trailer to go pick up a car. The truck and trailer did a little sideways action right in the middle of the bridge. Scared the crap out of me. Get that new bronco and get it ready for the snow. :cool:

Henry

rhino2104

Sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately it's probably too far for me to go at over 800 miles. It sounds like fun and I look forward to pictures and video.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Wish I could attend as well. My daughter is living in Ypsilanti so a visit would work for a excuses to be in Michigan. However my 76 is not ready for a drive of that distance, with the wife along.%);D Hoping to make it to Broncorama later in the spring.:cool: Anyone seen a date?

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hoping to make it to Broncorama later in the spring.:cool: Anyone seen a date?

Usually 1st Saturday in May - Makes it the 3rd. If you can make it come Friday the 2nd for the cruise as well.

Got the green light from the boss to go in Feb & I'm sure it will be FUN!;D

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Usually 1st Saturday in May - Makes it the 3rd. If you can make it come Friday the 2nd for the cruise as well.

Got the green light from the boss to go in Feb & I'm sure it will be FUN!;D

Thanks for the dates. It's on the calender.;D

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I am heading up to West Branch tomorrow to run some trails with another group of guys and to map some stuff out for next month. Really looking forward to next month and getting out on the trails with everyone. I will report on Sunday how the trails are looking. I wish we had some state land around here to run. Lots of snow and cold in this area!

Henry

talltire

Loc.
bellevue
getting alot of snow here right now. just plowed the drive and maybe 8 to 10 inchs of snow. its still coming down like crazy.hows it looking up there for snow now?

Unknown

Contributor
I am heading up to West Branch tomorrow to run some trails with another group of guys and to map some stuff out for next month. Really looking forward to next month and getting out on the trails with everyone. I will report on Sunday how the trails are looking. I wish we had some state land around here to run. Lots of snow and cold in this area!

Henry

How'd it go up there this past weekend, lots a snow?

Unknown

Contributor
Bump this to the top! What's the turnout looking like for the outing Henry, can we get a roll call?

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I will try to get a good count this week and post it up. I will PM everyone to make sure who is coming. Conditions are GREAT for trial riding up there. What a winter. Looking forward to it.

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I think I sent a message to all those who are thinking of coming up. If anyone else is interested in coming and you did not get a p.m. from me please contact me. I want to make sure all people are accounted for before we leave for the run on Saturday morning. If we have a few guys interested I would be up for a night run on Friday. We will leave around 10 a.m. on Saturday morning for the day run and then maybe get together at G's Pizza afterward for some good food. Really looking forward to this run. Getting my tire carrier finished up and changing the t-stat. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Henry

BigToe

You guys almost have me wishing I still lived in Michigan.%) I hear it's been one hell of a winter this year. Maybe one of these days I'll make it back to visit friends and glom on as someones co-pilot. Have a great time and post some new vids when it's over.:)

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
O.K. I will list here who is going and update as I get more confirmations.

1. Hank
2. rmiller747
3. Unknown
4. Blue Bastard
5. bajabrewer
6. 77bronco_ed

By the time we are done we could have 8 or 9 rigs heading out.

Henry

Last edited:

77-302

Loc.
Canton, MI
Hey fellow Michiganders.
Looks like I'll miss another West branch trip.
I'll be up in the UP tearing up the trails on my sled.
Have fun, I don't remember a time when snow covered the entire state for such a long time!

77bronco_ed

Bronco Guru
Come on guys there are more than 6 folks from Michigan with Broncos…It would be nice to see a dozen or so...

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
One the Saturday run we will probably stop between 1 and 2 o'clock for a lunch break in the woods. I am bringing my grill to cook some hotdogs. Others could bring chips and water or pop and maybe something for a dessert. Or does everyone want to just bring their own. I would be happy to supply the hotdogs, buns and some ketchup an mustard. I will be bringing the grill to cook for a couple of us anyway so I figured I would just open it up to everyone. If you want hotdogs for lunch please just post up here and list what you would like to bring. There will between 15 and 20 people out on the trail. Just let me know.

Henry