• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Michigan snow gallop February 21st and 22nd

Hank_

Bronco Guru
O.K. guys I hope this date will work for the majority of those who wish to attend. The winter run will be in West Branch the weekend of February 21st and 22nd. I will be taking Friday the 21st off to be up there early. We usually do and evening snow run on Friday night (this can be very interesting and very fun) around 6:00 p.m. and a Saturday run at around 10:00 and trying to be back in around 5:00. These trails are my favorite to run in the winter and the challenge can be great or mild depending on the snow. It is advisable to have front and rear anchor points in case a vehicle needs to be pulled free from the snow. A winch is very helpful also. A stock bronco will do fine on this run. The more trouble you have making it up the hills the more fun it is. Bring a camera for some great pics. If you have never done a run like this I hope you will give it a try. I will be staying at the Super 8 hotel in West Branch. If you have young kids the Quality Inn in West Branch is great with pool side rooms. If you have any questions feel free to P.M. me. If you are going to make it please post here. If I have the time I may run up for a pre-run for a day to check the trails. So get those bronco's ready to eat some snow and put this on your calender.

http://www.super8.com/hotels/michigan/west-branch/super-8-west-branch/hotel-overview

http://www.qualityinn.com/hotel-west_branch-michigan-MI055

Henry

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It's on my calendar! I think this will be an awesome winter run. Not sure what my plans will be but as it gets closer I can plan better.

Thanks for working on getting this going Hank.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I contacted the Super 8 in West Branch and they have reserved a block of rooms for anyone who wants to come up. You will get a room with 2 queen beds for $74.00. That saves you about $15.00 per nights off their regular rates. Just tell them you are with the Bronco 4 wheelers (a name they made up) and you will get the discount. This discount will run out on February 10th so please make your reservations before then. I sure hope a bunch of guys are able to come up and play in the snow. It's a great time every year.

Henry

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
I contacted the Super 8 in West Branch and they have reserved a block of rooms for anyone who wants to come up. You will get a room with 2 queen beds for $74.00. That saves you about $15.00 per nights off their regular rates. Just tell them you are with the Bronco 4 wheelers (a name they made up) and you will get the discount. This discount will run out on February 10th so please make your reservations before then. I sure hope a bunch of guys are able to come up and play in the snow. It's a great time every year.

Henry

What happened to the Bronco Boys???

Its down on my calender. I Need to verify the date on my schedule.

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
What happened to the Bronco Boys???

Its down on my calender. I Need to verify the date on my schedule.

I know Rich I just could not get the words out of my mouth. It came to my mind though.;D

Henry

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
I will try to find some videos of some of the trails in West Branch. Here is a video from Snofari 2012 of an easy trail. If you have never driven your bronco on a trial ride like this please consider coming along. The more snow we have the more fun it is.

[youtube]gL2psOqkWzc[/youtube]

Henry

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wish I had a working Bronco . ... sounds like fun!

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool Rich. Get them turn signals fixed yet - Hank & I had lots of fun trying to figure which way you were going. ;D

trevorJ93

Loc.
Portage, MI
Don't normally bring the Bronco out of the barn during the winter In attempts to keep it from rusting out with that being said is ther a lot of salted road travel required or can you spend most of the time on trails ?

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
There is not a lot of on road travel. We travel a few miles to the trails then we are on the trails all day then a few miles back to town. I am very weary of the salted roads too and will give the bronco a good bath before I park it after the run. It is a great time playing in the woods. Hope you decide to come up.

Henry

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
I am in! I live in st Helen which is 10 mintues away so i wont need a hotel room but i would like to come hang out and meet some new people! also see all the nice broncos! also if you give me the route i can go and see how it is for all the other people and can keep track of snow fall?

rmiller747

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Highland, Mi
Cool Rich. Get them turn signals fixed yet - Hank & I had lots of fun trying to figure which way you were going. ;D

Ha ha.yep new switch installed. Took the bronco out today to play in the snow for a bit. Little Pre run fun. Snowing all day today..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 73

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took the bronco out today to play in the snow for a bit. Little Pre run fun. Snowing all day today..

Sounds Like Fun! I went from Lake Orion to Ann Arbor & back to see some friends. We took the wifes AWD Edge & I had no problems - saw about 20-30 cars in the ditch(not so much fun)

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
Here is how much snow we have received sense Friday and here are trail condition! Lots of fun today!

aby3any2.jpg

e9atabud.jpg

OP
OP
Hank_

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Keep the snow coming. If we can have a foot or two that is the best!

Henry

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
And here is the weather at the Michigan Indiana border
a7aqa7a8.jpg

Dead stop sheet of ice and I'm driving this empty. Already had the trailer get out from me. I'm at the rest stop cleaning my drawers out as I type. Hope the roads are better that weekend! I should have my new ride by then.
sapyne8e.jpg