• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Midnight Blue '76...so what color soft top? Balck or Tan (STC spice)

digmy76

So.....what would look best with a Midnight Blue Bronco....a black or tan soft top? I can't really picture either of these, so if someone has any pictures of one of these setups lets see it! Thanks for your opinions! ;D

XxBrOnCoMaNXx

Loc.
Lake Stevens, WA
black would look best.....

KST1

I say tan. I nearly went with midnight blue for my Bronco but in the end decided to keep it dark green. I have a spice (kayline) top and think it looks real nice. The spice color looks great with the blue and sets it apart from all of the blue/black trucks out there.

On a side note, it's more difficult to find tan accessories such as seats, seat belts, floor mats, etc. (if you care about all that stuff matching).

-D

6677ebman

Bronco Guru
I'm not a big fan of black & blue, personally, I think tan would look better. That's you're choice, though ::) ::)

Skuzzlebutt

PhD, Dr. of Broncology
Loc.
Honeymoon Bay
Tan does look good with blue, But the top should match either the body color or match the bumpers and grill.
Too many colors will make it look pieced together.

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I seen one on e-bay awhile back. It was sweet. Dark blue with tan top......The guy had a small expensive sports car the same color combo in the background.

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

Currently the interior is white but needs to be redone so....tan would be an option. I currently have chrome bumpers and a white hard top. What color should I paint the tube bumpers I will be getting soon? Same color as the body or paint them silver/gray?

OP
OP
digmy76

digmy76

[quote author=Bluntman link=board=5;threadid=19463;start=0#msg149681 date=1057116151]
tan
[/quote]
Bluntman.....tan top or bumpers?

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
If you have access to Adobe Photoshop, you can color modify a picture scan to dial color schemes. I have done this for the exterior, but this approach is especially useful for the interior given the number of colors and coutours involved.

Color schemes are either dead-on or way way off. Nothing worse than a project not looking "just right" after huge effort and $$.