• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

military

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Just the little bit I saw in Bronco Driver a few months back. And they were mystified asking for info themselves.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Someone in Alaska had one for sale here several years ago. 1966 or early 1965. Probably only a small fleet for test purposes.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I had a 71 that I got from a junkyard that when I ran the VIN it was titled to the Air Force, and there were some used in Nam.

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
What do you want to know? We had them in the Air Force on the Norhtern tier bases. The were nice and brand new( 1994) All the other bases I was at had Dodge or Chevy. Chevy's were designated as 1008 for the trucks and 1009 for the Blazers. In addition to the Broncos we also had new Surburbans. Hard life it was.

clarrance

Bronco Guru
There is one on e-bay right now. It has the tag on the dash where the military I.D. numbers were written.

instigator

I had a 66 or 67 roadster assigned to me in DaNang in 1970.Was able to take it to the radar site on the top of Monkey Mountain.WE also was able to slip it over to South China Beach.I will dig out the photos and share them one day. That Bronco is what got me hooked on the Broncos and I have owned one since 1973

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
My first bronco a 1969 was origionally a Air Force vehical. It had a plow and the tag on the dashboard. My fathers company was a defense contractor, and he got it in a surplus auction.

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
The Broncos in Nam as well as most 4x4 vehicles were probably used by Air Force Security Police. We needed 4x4 for Base security as well as defence.

maverickconner

Knew a guy back in Fl that brought his back from Vietnam, the Navy used them on the beaches because they did better in the sand. It had those sideward seats in the back like an FJ cruiser.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
Canada had some up in the Arctic. Dont know any details other than my first Bronco was one and it was a 68 half cab.
TOFIC

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
Closest thing to a bronco that I know of is the "jeep" built by ford during WWII. Other than that, they use big broncos for border patrol. Ever seen "Fun with Dick and Jane"? I laughed perty hard after seeing a late model bronco go flying thru the air.

NC-Fordguy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bethel/Greenville NC
After I bought my Bronco and my Dad saw it, he told me about "his" Marine Corps bronco. He was the game warden at Camp Lejuene NC for a few years back in the early 70's. That Bronco was pretty plain...6 cylinder 3 speed. He said he got it stuck quite often but fortunatly there was always a tank or a 5-ton to pull it out.

Ed

Blue71

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Mark,

Here is the United States Property tag on the dash of a '67 military Bronco. You can see where it has U15xxxxxxxx on it. Hope that adds to it.

Andy
Blue71

Attachments

• Interior dash.jpg
    Interior dash.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 131
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 104
  • Tag2.jpg
    Tag2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 153
OP
OP
M

markatherton

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
What do you want to know? We had them in the Air Force on the Norhtern tier bases. The were nice and brand new( 1994) All the other bases I was at had Dodge or Chevy. Chevy's were designated as 1008 for the trucks and 1009 for the Blazers. In addition to the Broncos we also had new Surburbans. Hard life it was.

Were the air force broncos painted blue or army green?

deltabronco

Bronco Guru
Air force Broncos were Dark Blue.They had Blue tops as well. I beleive they were XLT models.