• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Milky Way Pic

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I wheeled up to Mt. Baldy last night, which is right behind my house in Breckenridge, CO. Took a few pics, including this one. Unfortunately, I'm heading out this morning to try and find my spare tire/wheel! It came off about 50 yards from the summit and last I saw it, it was traveling about 70 mph off the side of a very steep shelf road! Hope you like the pic..

Attachments

• BroncoMilkyWay-2.jpg
    BroncoMilkyWay-2.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 457
Last edited:

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Awesome photo! Care to share what equipment and settings you used?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Good luck on the tire recovery. What an incredible picture. Would love to see that someday.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Awesome photo! Care to share what equipment and settings you used?

Thanks much -- I'm shooting a Nikon D750. The lens on this one was a 14-24 F2.8. I think the exposure was set to about 20 seconds on this one, with an ISO of around 1600. I shot about 50 different images with different settings, but these are REAL close, if not exactly what I had set for this one. There was about a 1/4 moon last night that I thought was going to screw me up, but it was directly West and made some cool lighting/shadows.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
sweet pic ... how hard can it be to find a polished slot !?

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Very nice! Thanks for the info. I have two DX format Nikons that I abuse regularly, but I've been wanting to move up to a full-frame camera for years.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Very nice! Thanks for the info. I have two DX format Nikons that I abuse regularly, but I've been wanting to move up to a full-frame camera for years.

I got one of the D700's when they first came out and it was one of the best investments I've made. I've still got it for a backup. I only got the D750 because I'm a junkie and it had video -- which I never use! LOL