• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

More BC Bronco Blues

Seattle66

Contributor
I hate to bring up another a sore topic that has been brought up before, but I feel I need to in case someone hasn't see the previous posts.

I ordered a custom dash from BC Broncos on 9/3/2018. My card was charged for the full amount of 9/5/2018. I have called and emailed multiple times since then and have received ZERO response. This is an absolute joke. I work in business software. Both back office accounting, sales, purchasing, inventory, and front end ecommerce. Failing to provide basic updates and managing open orders is unacceptable these days. It's not hard. You just have to actually care about customers.

I have given a decent amount of business to BC Broncos in the past. Small parts, 4x4x2 steering kit, etc... I hate to say it because I really like a lot of their custom parts, but I won't be giving them any more business. Especially not when we have companies by Tom's, Duff's, and Wild Horses that run their business with customer service in mind.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
It's a shame to hear another example. But good for all to be informed.

When the economy ebbs and flows, customers will eventually slow their buying, and BC could "get what they give" as they say.

frenchy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
IMO I would continue to call them till I spoke to a real person,cancel the order, make sure they credit your card. Then try to find another supplier. If they didnt have the part they should have never charged your card IMO. I recently purchased parts from Graveyard,when they arrived I was short some flexible brake lines for my 77. No charge on my bill that I could tell. Called to find out what was going on and was told they sent me a email, and that they were out but should be back in stock by this week and would be automaticly sent when they get them. I checked my email but there was nothing in it concerning them being out. Kid was kinda snotty about it on the phone, but i let it pass because telephone etiquette is slim to none these days .
Good Luck
frenchy

chuckyb

Contributor
I work at a bank. I would suggest that you call the credit card company and initiate a dispute on the credit card charge, explaining that you did not receive the merchandise.

I am a little rusty on some of the specifics but I think that mastercard and visa and probably the others allow you 60 days from the transaction to file a dispute. I think there is some leeway with banks to initiate a dispute after the 60 days is up, but the sooner the better.

bchesley

Did this thread help solve your problem? I am always curious when I see these types of threads. If I don't get a call back, I call again, and again until I get an answer. Posting on a thread on a forum full of strangers just never seams like a plan to solve anything.

Vendors like BC make what we love to do a possibility. We don't need multiple Wild Horses or 3 Tom's Bronco parts as vendors. They all bring something unique to the table, and I appreciate that.

Now go pick up your phone and call BC.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Posting on a thread on a forum full of strangers just never seams like a plan to solve anything.

We're not all strangers ....although some of us are definitely stranger than others...:cool:

Hozr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Oly, WA
Posting on a thread on a forum full of strangers just never seams like a plan to solve anything.

Maybe he's just trying to keep others from getting screwed over like a good friend and community member? There are a plethora of these posts about lack of communication and follow through on BCB's part. There are also many new folks who see a slick website and cool parts but have no other way of knowing they won't get the parts they paid for. I waited 4 months for my BCB dash before I finally cancelled and designed my own. Apparently I would still be waiting 7 years later.

The short of it is don't buy BCB's custom parts as they never get made. Stick to off the shelf parts.

Projp

Did this thread help solve your problem? I am always curious when I see these types of threads. If I don't get a call back, I call again, and again until I get an answer. Posting on a thread on a forum full of strangers just never seams like a plan to solve anything.

Vendors like BC make what we love to do a possibility. We don't need multiple Wild Horses or 3 Tom's Bronco parts as vendors. They all bring something unique to the table, and I appreciate that.

I don't think the OP was looking for help solving a problem, but to warn/inform others about his experience with BC.
If the unique thing that you bring to the table is poor service that is a very interesting business model.

barronj

Bronco Guru

I've been burned 3 times by them (well, 6 if you count the 3 times they screwed me on one set of ceramic coated headers (1st time was taking my money and not shipping them for 7 weeks because they were going through a retooling on the form, 2nd time was sending me the kit but the passenger side header was a prototype and didn't have the dimples in the primaries for header bolt install so I had to hammer the dimples in to new ceramic coated headers, 3rd time was finding out a few years later when I'm in the process of installing the ZF that the prototype passenger side header wasn't made to accommodate ZF transmission without being removed first))

Once was my fault, sadly. I had some secret money saved (it's a secret because if my then-wife knew about it, she would spend it) and I drove to BC Broncos to buy a set of their 2.5" leaf springs and the ZF adapter kit. The error of my ways was not checking stock before driving 3.5 hours to their shop. I get there and they say they don't have either of the things I've driven there for. Frustrated, I leave. I call them on my way back to Austin to place an order with them for the ZF adapter kit when it's back in stock. Lo and behold, they'd found one on the shelf that they can ship to me, but they won't give me any kind of discount or break on pricing or shipping. What did they send me? They send me a ZF kit that was missing 2 critical gaskets and the bolt that the kit included for the 4x shifter had been modified, cut down, and boogered threads. When I called them regarding the missing gaskets (I didn't even have it in to know about the boogered bolt yet) they inform me that they've changed ownership and the new owners don't think that the missing gaskets should be their responsibility. I called advance adapters directly and they shipped me the missing gaskets, $7 worth. When I figured out that the bolt was my issue when trying to install the twin sticks I'd gotten from JB Fab, I didn't even bother with BC Broncos again, I asked the guy at JB Fab where to get this bolt, he said I have extras, I'll send you one, no charge.

They sell bronco parts with a service motto of "we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied". Customer service is a total joke, and every time there's another thread about BC Broncos, I'll add my 2 cents because I'm all about returning the favor to Chuck & BC Broncos.

The bolt on the left is what I received from BC Broncos, the bolt on the right is what I received from JB Fab

KlifFcb.jpg

FEH2GF1.jpg

Last edited:

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Roxanne has always taken good care of me at BC.

No internet purchases though, only call in orders and ask for Roxanne.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Had to replace that same bolt myself recently... just lucky enuf for a buddy to source it from a local place

The bolt on the left is what I received from BC Broncos, the bolt on the right is what I received from JB Fab

KlifFcb.jpg

FEH2GF1.jpg

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Looks like you got someone else’s returned or takeoff parts.
I comment on these threads for a couple of reasons- First is, they’ve put me through some misery at different times with my builds. I’ve spit nails at the hassles of some of their stunts.
The second reason- I know Jason & Gretchen as people, have gone on trail rides, events, and have had some positive transactions. I’m not an educated businessman, but I am experienced & I can say with absolute confidence (and remorse) that their current practices will be the death of their “family” business. What could be a 3rd or 4th generation family business is chasing away customers who feel so offended & mistreated they vent in public. These aren’t bad people or shitty customers, they are decent guys who are angry at bad service.
This business model is behaving like Sears while the other vendors are succeeding like Amazon. This is a unique moment in the history of early Broncos-their popularity is at an all time high, people are paying crazy prices & a clever vendor with BC’s legacy presence should have been poised to reap crazy success from a time like this which won’t likely occur again. I’m thinking this could have been the boom time that guaranteed success & security for a generation.
BC appears to be most interested in developing & promoting their own products, but those alone + selling some shop labor are a narrow market share. And some of the in house products have quality control issues too.
I want them to succeed wildly, to have something great to pass on to their kids with a great business success & financial security. But without a traumatic & substantial reboot of their practices I see a dismal result. The Bronco parts market is a fairly narrow niche. History has plenty of examples of myopic people who stared opportunity in the face & screwed it up. And they didn’t have the luxury of frank & open feedback to act upon like these customers are providing.
Even a beginning server at any restaurant knows to say two things:1 how was your meal 2. I’ll pass that on to the kitchen. The BC model doesn’t seem to care how the meal was, and doesn’t care to pass anything on to anyone-Just eat the food and don’t bother us with your opinions.
BC I wish you luck but you’ve gotta take this serious

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
In the internet era the rule businesses need to learn is that:
Happy customers tell three people, unhappy customers tell 3,000 people.

Years ago I worked in a restaurant, and learned there that in business it takes years to build a good reputation and only days to ruin one.

OP
OP
Seattle66

Seattle66

Contributor
Yes, I was not looking for a resolution with this post. Just wanted to put more info out there for others or maybe provide an additional reminder to the vendor. Again, I really like some of the custom parts offered by BC Broncos but just wish the response and service was better. Will continue to call and hopefully will get someone on the line. Although, showing in stock online and then charging the full amount and going dark for 3 months is not a great business practice.

No Hay

Bronco Guru
We're not all strangers ....although some of us are definitely stranger than others...:cool:

Ha! That's me!

In the internet era the rule businesses need to learn is that:
Happy customers tell three people, unhappy customers tell 3,000 people.

Years ago I worked in a restaurant, and learned there that in business it takes years to build a good reputation and only days to ruin one.

Yep. As a service electrician, our safety guy did the calculation once of a vehicle crash or performing bad work that the service person had to install twice or repair. It takes a long time for the company to get back to even when mistakes are made.

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
Ha! That's me!

Yep. As a service electrician, our safety guy did the calculation once of a vehicle crash or performing bad work that the service person had to install twice or repair. It takes a long time for the company to get back to even when mistakes are made.

Way worse when the customers and potential customers get the perception that the company does not care about doing bad work or sees it as an acceptable shortcut rather than honest error.

garberz

Bronco Influencer
Loc.
Conejo Valley, Ca.
Yes, I was not looking for a resolution with this post. Just wanted to put more info out there for others or maybe provide an additional reminder to the vendor. Again, I really like some of the custom parts offered by BC Broncos but just wish the response and service was better. Will continue to call and hopefully will get someone on the line. Although, showing in stock online and then charging the full amount and going dark for 3 months is not a great business practice.

Agreed, a very close friend of mine has a fabricating business. He’s been making Bronco bumpers for over 20 years. He builds them to order, so there is rarely any stocked. Usually takes a few weeks to get them ready for shipping.
But he never charges the customers card until UPS picks up. He always tells me
“that’s not good business practice to charge before the product is ready”.

Mark