• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mother Nature vs "Christine" - 74' Bronco

MoonBaby4x4

Loc.
Street, Maryland
Well in the past 2 hours my area has had torencial downpours of at least 6-8" of rain....My creek has risen from an average daily depth of 6"-2.5' deep to around 8-10' deep NOW . It has gone from 15' wide to well over 100' wide. It has wiped out my lane, bridge (crosses creek) and trees along the bank . Now...

I'm worried because my 74' Bronco a.k.a. "Christine" is about to be swept away....:'( I wheeled her over the weekend and she overheated about 30 feet from the creek bank, so I shut her down for the night. When I tried to start her yesterday her battery was dead so I said screw her and left her....Well I just went to recover her and I couldn't even make it down the hill. Due to the creek rising around 7'. I saw "Christine" and sadly the creek is just flowing over my Q-78x15 TSL Swampers (36's)like Niagara Falls, all I see is the bumpers and body.....:eek:

One good thing is it won't go too far because the creek is densly forested, but I'm worried still, none the less....Sorry for this post but I'm more worried about my Bronco then any thing (lane/bridge) right now...Hopefully ol' 31 year old "Christine" will hold her ground and stay put...

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Christine.

Don't try anything silly and place yourself at risk. My feeling is everything will be okay, just hang in there and wait.

Good Luck and God Bless !

VBH289

Loc.
Colorado
:'( :'( :'( sorry sorry sorry, reading this made me take a walk out to my bronco and give "blue streak" a big hug. Hang in there!!! If you need seats or something after this lemme know!!!
Nick

OP
OP
M

MoonBaby4x4

Loc.
Street, Maryland
Thanks guys,

As, soon as I saw that the water was over the tires, I immediately realized that, at the Bronco alone the water was at least 3 ft deep. Thats not couting any holes the creek may have washed out... In my 10 years of living here, I have never seen the creek this deep or flowing this fast. I guarentee that it would have sucked me downsteam, had I been stupid enought to enter it. I now wish I would have started it yesterday and drove it up to my shed ( famous last words)...Hopefully all goes well.....Never really thought about how much I love my Bronco till now....if she makes it I will treat her good from now on...........;D

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
is there any way you can get to the back of her and pull her out to higher ground? if she ends up floating for a while, drain all your fluids, and flush. word of advice: if the steering pump gets submerged, take the box off and drain it. otherwise water will get trapped down in the bottom and pit the sector shaft. don't ask me how i know this. it's a long story.
i hope yur dif breather vents are high up right now.
i hope you can get it out or the rain subsides soon.
best of luck bud, we'll be thinking about ya.

nick

Bronco Ben

Contributor
Jckofalltrdes master/none
Loc.
Coffeeville, Alabama
man this isnt a good post to read early in the morning! :( hopefully it will all turn out well. Like someone else stated, dont put yourself at risk, but if you can get them take some pics....bronco driver would love this story!
Bronco Ben;)

ken75ranger

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Troy, NY
good luck and stay safe. When you get her out pull the plugs and turn her over to get any water out of the cylinders.

Eoth

Bronco Guru
I grew up in an area that had lots of flooding creeks. Every year the local news had stories of people and their cars being swept away. (natures way of weeding the gene pool) No matter what happens to your Bronco, it always can be fixed. I'll cross my fingers and hope its a good heavy steel body to keep it weighted down!

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I hope you guys made it through the night alright. Give us an update as soon as you can.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
As I live on a river that was recently just over flood stage. My heart goes out to you. Please let us know how Christine faired. best of luck.

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Do we have an update??
I certainly have a soft spot in my heart for a bronco named Christine :'(

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
man moonbaby-

I'm sorry to hear about your eb. I hope she's alright. But as astark said don't get yourself in a dangerous situation trying to find her or get her out. Floods are serious bad news. Just wait it out if you can, but....

take pictures if ya can. It would make for an awesome Bronco Driver article.;D

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Just ran a Weatherbug search on Street Maryland. It showed 0.08 inches of rain today (not bad) and 75 degrees currently. But with a 40% chance of storms tonight containing heavy rains (not good) and strong winds.