• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

movin shift lever

bronco stuff

I have a 68 with 3 on the tree that i'd like to move to the floor, does anybody have any advice that has done this and what type of shift handle would work. Ive never did this so any help would be appreciate.
thank you

fordtrucksrule

ummm the best floor shifter for the 3 speed will have to be james duff floorshifter. If youre really intrested i got 1 that i will be looking to get rid of With instructions for lot less than they sell em for and its almost brandnew if intrested e-mail me fordtrucksrule03@gmail.com

Broncobowsher

Total hack
ummm the best floor shifter for the 3 speed will have to be james duff floorshifter. If youre really intrested i got 1 that i will be looking to get rid of With instructions for lot less than they sell em for and its almost brandnew if intrested e-mail me fordtrucksrule03@gmail.com

Best floor shifter, Duff. I will agree.

Many of them will work, but Duff figured out how to put one together that DOESN'T require you to punch the dashboard with your knuckles just to get 2nd gear. Instructions are fairly simple and provided with the kit. If you have a straight 6 then there is a little shift rail modification that is needed.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Easy conversion, but it does require hacking up your tunnel. They sell some sweet covers for the hole though. I bought a used Duffs kit and had to scramble to find some extra parts. As long as everything comes with it, I would buy the slightly used one offered above.

BigO

but Duff figured out how to put one together that DOESN'T require you to punch the dashboard with your knuckles just to get 2nd gear.

I would buy the James Duff kit. I have a standard Hurst floor conversion, but I wish I had the Duff's conversion because their handle is designed better for our Broncos!

11wnb

I have the Hurst conversion and I'm happy with it. My shifter does not run my knuckles into the dash in second gear, but I will agree that the handle could be better. If I had to do it again I would try the Duff's conversion. Never heard one sinle complaint about the Duffs kit.