• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Msd ready to run and centech

OP
OP
KBUCK1

KBUCK1

can anyone confirm if I need another starter solenoid besides the one mounted on the pmgr starter? this centech diagram doesnt show one but most other diagrams do

Attachments

• IMGP0044.JPG
    IMGP0044.JPG
    227 KB · Views: 4

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I was wondering when you'd get back to that.
As stated previously, you can try it like you want, without the stock relay. But if you have starter run-on each time you try to fire the engine, or your engine will crank but you have a hard time firing, you will have to put one back in.

Yes, theoretically it's supposed to work independently. Just like on bazillions of Chevy's out there with this type of starter. But for some reason, LOTS of members here have had an issue with running it without the factory Ford starter relay on the fender.
While it might be a tiny bit cleaner, my personal opinion is that it should be used like most of the Bronco vendor's instructions say. WITH the factory relay inline.

Cheap insurance, and offers a good spot to connect other wires like Jdgephar said. Remember, most of those GM vehicles that had that type of starter had all their power wires running down to the starter next to the exhaust, oil leaks and other stuff. And lots of them had beaucoup trouble with them over the years too.

Paul