• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Muffler Help! Original Muffler Finaly gave up.

dedgar

So my original fomoco muffler finally gave on my 1970 sport. I guess 47 years for a muffler is pretty good. ;D

Now I need to replace it but I haven't bought a muffler in say 47 years so, what are the best choices now days?

It's a 302 and was a single pipe exhaust.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Walker makes a stock replacement.
I like the Walker mufflers too. I just put 2 new Quiet-flows on my '75 F250. They have a nice mellow sound and no resonance. Now I'm going to put a pair on the Bronco to get rid of the new turbos that are kind of irritating. They have a lot of resonance that just bugs me. The stock replacements are probably just a little quieter than the Quiet-flows. I'd say you got your moneys worth from the original muffler.
Mark.

hotrodtim68

Contributor
Aluminized exhaust system for early Bronco.

Precision Exhaust.com is the way to go. They sell direct and thru the Bronco venders.:cool:

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

So I actually go under my bronco today to see the year on the muffler and notice the actual muffler isn't bad. No rust or holes, it's just the pipes going into and out of it. I think I just need new exhaust pipes.
Oh and the muffler is stamped
FORD
C9TA-52 30-Y
II 69 H

It's a 1970 but bought in December 1969.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
So I actually go under my bronco today to see the year on the muffler and notice the actual muffler isn't bad. No rust or holes, it's just the pipes going into and out of it. I think I just need new exhaust pipes.
Oh and the muffler is stamped
FORD
C9TA-52 30-Y
II 69 H

It's a 1970 but bought in December 1969.

See there, you're going to get another 47 years out of that FOMOCO muffler :)