• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mustang floor shifter

JRED

i picked up a floor shifter out of a 1970 mustang this weekend at a swap meet. Will this work on my c4? Thanks

Oatmeal

My buddy runs one in his '69 and it looks real nice in there. The only problem he's had with it, because it uses linkage instead of a cable, with the combination of body flex and drivetrain movement (when wheeling over rough terrain), it has a tendency to pop out of first and into second so, you have to pay attention to what gear you're in!-----------Hans

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
:D :D :D Yes it dose work well you will need to eather get a shop to replace the shift lever to a floor typ or fab one as it will be backwards shift. Good luck and have fun.%) %) %) Bill %) :cool: ;D

Bronk

Loc.
Somewhere in Sask.
the Guys are correct the floor shit will be reversed from the colom shift. easy fix tho drop the pan and flip the lever 180 degrees . or from pointing up to pointing down Sorry I can't remeber what was holding the shift lever in place but I know I had to drop the pan to get at it . IT was easy