• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 66 BURNED TO THE GROUND THIS WEEKEND...

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
A moment of silence please for my 66, she burned to the ground this weekend. I was heating my rear shackles (to bend them out a little) with the heating torches, when the gas line just exploded. The only thing I can think is that there must have been a pinhole leak in it some where. None the less, I wasnt hurt, but from the frame up, excluding the engine block, is a total loss. My new 33" Ground hawgs are destroyed, the 5" suspension made it through ok. The only other salvageable parts, are maybe the tranny and transfer case....i have gotten under it to look it over. decided wether I am going to start over again or not, I might just part it out. I'll have picture's posted hopefully tommorow. :'(

Broncobowsher

Total hack
My Ford flag will be lowered to half staff for the remainder of the day.<br><br>Check those springs carefully, if they got too warm they may have lost there tempering.<br><br>And keep the title and VIN plate for those of us in emission states.

brokenhorse

Bronco Builder
Loc.
Wisconsin
OMG you poor bastard!I'm sorry man.What about Insurance?Got some?<br>Water ? Extinguisher? Pee?Could'nt you do something? :( :( :mad:

OP
OP
N

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
we went through 3 fire extingiushers, a yard hos and 2 five gallon buckets of water. The fire just spread to quickly. We couldnt keep up with it.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
The same thing happened to me......fortunately I was able to put mine out. It gave me a real pit in my stomach thinking of what would have happened. So I can imagine how you must feel. I hope you can save 'er!<br><br>Let's now have a moment of silence...........

americanhorses

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, California
Most important is your not hurt, second is that it did'nt happen in your shop. Or heaven forbid the garage hooked to your house!! Sorry to hear about your misfourtion.

KST1

Sorry to hear of your loss. As most of us know, these old broncos can really become a part of the family.<br><br>I am glad to hear that you and your family (and house) made it through unscathed. <br><br>-D

OP
OP
N

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
I appreciate the condolences, and this battle aint over yet. Im guess I can look at this as an oppurtunity to rebuild the old girl the way I want her. So should I make it a pipe buggy style bronc' or a fiberglass body with all the bells and whistles? The frame is still good and I can save the motor. The drive train is still intact as well.

ford67bronco

Loc.
Wisconsin
Damn!! that sucks...good to hear nobody was hurt. I'd go with the f-glass body and build the dream ride you really want it to be. 8)

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
:'( :'(Sorry to hear about your misfortune - hope the condolences here have helped to comfort U. Build your dream ride whether it be f-glass body or tube and be sure that her new name reflects what she's been through. Keep posting updates.

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
OMG! :eek: i was using my plasma cutter to trim my fenderwells yesterday and as the sparks were flying at the gas tank i was thinking what if it just went BOOM!<br>I FEEL FOR YOU BRO :'( :'( :'(.how bad is the body? are you sure it cannot be saved? ?:?

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Very sad. I had a "carbeque" once ... in my garage. A "helper" dropped a wrench across the battery terminals just as fuel was spilling everywhere. Luckily got it out ... took 3-beers to get the heart rate back down. Now I have 2 fire extinguishers, a bucket of sand and a fire blanket within close reach. As a result of this incident, I created the following shop sign:<br><br>SHOP RATES: $80.00 per Hour<br><br>
  • $100.00 ... if you watch.
  • $140 ... if you ask questions.
  • $180.00 ... if you make suggestions.
  • $250.00 ... if you help.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Fuel fires a bitch to put out! Sorry about your lost but this may be the oppurtunity to build better next time around because you were not hurt by the flames.
The bronco can be replaced but you cannot replace yourself. Show us the pics when you have it. Maybe more parts could be salvaged

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Really sorry to hear about your bronco. It may not have made a difference in this case but if any of you are welding on your trucks, make sure you have a fire extinguisher within reach. Usually if you can catch a fire before it escalates (usually only seconds) you can get them out. I'm glad no one was hurt. Hopefully this will make the rest of us a little more cautious.

Broncmeister

Very sorry to hear about your loss. I am glad you made it out ok. It is a sad day when you hear of another EB being destroyed. They are never coming back, and the loss of one more diminishes the numbers even more.<br>

OP
OP
N

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
Well, she's not lost, like I said, this aint over yet! Im hoping to have her back on the road by this spring...I'll keep you guys updated on the project!

CG

Loc.
StanWOOD, WA
*sniffle* :pouring pepsi on ground:

Sad....At leat you weren't hurt...As other said, it can be built better, unfortunatly, we aren't quite to the 'bionic man' medical state yet to have built YOU better if need be. ;)

ON a side note: as a memorial fund...as soon as I get my MTRs, you can have my MTs ;)

Amanda :-*