• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 66 BURNED TO THE GROUND THIS WEEKEND...

jerry

Contributor
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
While I'm sorry to hear this... I'm glad you made it out OK! Easier to repair a burned out truck then burned-out skin... :-U<br><br>Jerry<br><br>[quote author=Neep0520 link=board=5;threadid=10173;start=0#73409 date=1034598958]<br>A moment of silence please for my 66, she burned to the ground this weekend. <br>[/quote]

Gordys74

Loc.
Southern Iowa
Sorry to hear about this too. I always worry about fire as it seems mine is always leaking something.<br><br>But Hey! Now is a chance to do the frame-up rebuild of a lifetime! Need to keep all the Broncs we can. 8)

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
Glad to here your O.K. I almost caught mine on fire, and it scared the HELL out of me...I was trying to start it with the new engine in. I had open headers, and I didn't know I had a small kink in the return line, squirting fuel on the bottom of the headers...I had to use a jumper wire for the nutrual safty switch, (Wich is a good thing, cause it allowed me to notice the fire right away). When it first fired up, the flames was shooting out of the headers...I turned it off real quick, but man, was I scared...I was more scared at starting all over, than getting hurt...I probably would have thrown my own body on the fire to save it...All I could think was 20K, and 4 years down the drain, cause I wanted to hear it run without triple checking everything....I play it safe now, cause I don't want to die of a heart attack before I get to enjoy it...Sorry for the long post, but I too feel your suffering....

thesnake

Bronco Guru
Glad you're not hurt and feel for your loss. I was crankin' over my 351 after it had sat for the winter and once it fired up, it proceeded to fire up. It's in a van and the flames were licking up on the interior (dog house was removed) and on the hood/windshield. I managed to get it out, but I was freaked. <br><br>A mouse had chewed on the fuel line coming out of the filter and as I pumped the pedal, I unknowingly was blowing gas all over the intake manifold, when it started then back fired, whoompf!!!! Again, I'm glad your're okay.<br><br>snake

hackyrat

Really sorry man. :'( I had a close call last week when I drove into the driveway and smelled fuel. The aux tank line was broken and leaking on the driveway. A hot engine above and fuel below. The water hose washed the fuel away as I reached down and raised the fuel line above the fuel level. Very scary. We should all take heed and make sure we have fire supression supplies in the rigs and in our homes cause when it come down to it, us and the families are worth far more than our hobbies. :)

67halfcab

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Michigan
No way. :'( What a shame! At least you survived to restore it.<br><br>You've actually gotten me scared now, I am about to weld in my rear fenders. Maybe I'll do a little prep before I start. (i.e. 4 garden hoses, 5 fire extiguishers, several 5 gallon pails of water) ;D

howiebilt

Bronco Buddah
Loc.
Newton
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(<br><br>I'm sorry for your loss :-U<br><br>best of luck to you on the Pheonix project !!!! I'm sure the resurection will be even better than before . ;)

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
[quote author=hackyrat link=board=5;threadid=10173;start=15#73622 date=1034645746]<br>Really sorry man. :'( I had a close call last week when I drove into the driveway and smelled fuel. The aux tank line was broken and leaking on the driveway. A hot engine above and fuel below. The water hose washed the fuel away as I reached down and raised the fuel line above the fuel level. Very scary. We should all take heed and make sure we have fire supression supplies in the rigs and in our homes cause when it come down to it, us and the families are worth far more than our<br>hobbies. :)<br>[/quote]<br><br><br><br>i have to disagree with that one you can always meet another woman or make new kids but once a bronco is gone it`s gone forever. :eek:

JMurray

Man thats really too bad, I almost had my Mustang go up when I was 16. Just remember you can always buy parts for the Bronco. Parts for YOU is a different story.<br>Jerry

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
Sorry for the loss and everyone must be careful when there is gas around. It also almost happened to me when the first time I had work done on my truck was at the muffler shop where they proceeded to cut out the old exhaust system and the guy ran the torch across the plastic fuel lines which melted into a ball of flames and the guy just grabbed the flaming line with his gloved hands snuffing out the flames. But all the while now soaking his arm with gas and in the other hand the lighted torch. He's yelling for help during my alleged instant heart attack so when I come back to reality I grab the torch from him and shut it off. him and the ground all soaked with gas outside under a lift it was a real close call. From then on I do all of my work myself except tires and smog checks and I tripel check that work too. He was lucky I was there and not have just left the truck to be picked up later. I was lucky to still have my truck.

R3

Loc.
VA
The horror.......<br><br>Sorry bud, good luck. Keep us posted on the triumphant return.<br><br>R3

OP
OP
N

Neep0520

Loc.
Y-town Ohio
The Phoenix Project, I like the sounds of that. It fits very well. I think I'll get a web page together to track this rebuild....when I get my pictures back, I'll post a web page so all you folks can watch the rebuild! It's going to take a while, but hey...it'll be fun....maybe....in the long run the fire was a good thing, now the 66' will have the chance to be rebuilt the way I want her to be! Thanks for all the support guys!