• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My 77's restoration....pics inside!!

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
I shot the frame with POR15 and it turned out great. I just ordered a 3.5" kit from wildhorses, so I'm anxious to get that together in order for a rolling chassis. I'm hoping to plop the tub on within the next couple of weeks. The inside of the tub is pretty much buttoned together. I have some welding to do on the underside, but not much. I'll probably have the underneath seam sealed and painted by the weekend.

Attachments

• ebay4runner 008.jpg
    ebay4runner 008.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 222
  • ebay4runner 011.jpg
    ebay4runner 011.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 228
  • ebay4runner 016.jpg
    ebay4runner 016.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 244
OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Well gentlemen I've switched jobs a few months ago, so working on my EB hasn't been as much as I intended, but I'm still pushing on. I still get to dedicate about 10-12 hours a week on it. I have alot of photos I need to upload to the site. I painted a few of the body parts, have the chassis together with the rears/suspension etc. Progress is still moving forward, but not at the pace I wanted to. It's different when you're down at the shop working on cars all day and you can just put three or four hours into it. Now I get done work, and have no motivation to drive all the way to the shop and start pulling out tools. Well, everyone have a great holiday. I'll get those photos out ASAP!!

70 sport WA

Contributor
Nice to see a follow-up, even a short message...gave me a chance to read the thread again and become re-interested in your build-up. Keep it up, it's coming along. ;D

Dan

gbronco

Loc.
Grasonville, MD
Grew up in Upper Bucks county. Have some friends in Havertown, just off of Exit 9 rt. 3 I believe? Would love to stop by and check out the project if I am ever in the area. If so, I would PM you if I'm up that way. Awesome work. I'm getting ready to refinish a frame and transfer my body and running gear to it in the future, and have really enjoyed this thread and information. Wish I had one of those rotisierre's to put tub on. That thing looks like it really works well.

George

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
You got it!! It's good 'ol West Chester Pike (AKA route 3 to the out of towners).

Thanks for the compliments. The rotisserie works great. It's probably been the best fabrication tool I've used so far. I'd be willing to lend it out to anyone after I'm done with it. PM anytime if you want to take a look at it. My schedule at work is a little FUBAR'd at the moment, but I'm hoping to bid out to a new shift within the next couple of months.

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Well, finally I have some new pics for you guys. Not much done considering the amount of time since the last group of pics, but at least it's something.

I have a rolling chassis right now. I sold the original rears on ebay to a chap in Michigan. Though the rears currently on it are from a 74 (no BB or front disc brakes), I'm not going to be using this as a trail truck. The front has a factory posi, and the rear has a detroit, so it was like six of one half dozen of another when it came to swapping them out. I'll definitely be putting disc brakes on the front. The white film covering the chassis is actually dust.

Oh yeah, please excuse the mess in the pics. I had to store just about every piece of my EB in one bay before I switched jobs. My dad told me he was going to hold me hostage until I did so.

Attachments

• 77picsgrilleetc 021.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 021.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 174
  • 77picsgrilleetc 024.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 024.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 77picsgrilleetc 022.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 022.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 168
  • 77picsgrilleetc 020.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 020.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 150
OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Here's some pics of the color scheme I chose. I love the old school oranges with the cream white combo. Since I'm keeping it uncut, I think it will look really good like this. Any input? Don't worry, if you don't like it I can take it.

Hey Larry (grauerfam), it's hard to beleive that this is the same grille I bought off of you last year.

Attachments

• grillebefore.JPG
    grillebefore.JPG
    220.2 KB · Views: 177
  • grillebefore2.JPG
    grillebefore2.JPG
    194.7 KB · Views: 120
  • grilleduring.JPG
    grilleduring.JPG
    194.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 77picsgrilleetc 001.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 001.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 77picsgrilleetc 005.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 005.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 77picsgrilleetc 008.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 008.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 77picsgrilleetc 018.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 018.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 77picsgrilleetc 016.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 016.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 149
  • 77picsgrilleetc 015.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 015.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 99
  • 77picsgrilleetc 012.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 012.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 75
  • 77picsgrilleetc 010.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 010.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 99
  • 77picsgrilleetc 009.jpg
    77picsgrilleetc 009.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 82

grauerfam

Loc.
Owings Mills,MD
Hey Brian, that grill looks 150% better than it started out. Nice color choice, very classic. Are you going to use the white body stripe it originally had? Happy New Year! Larry

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
It's actually a light orange. I got the color off of a 2005 Audi. I've never actually seen an Audi that color, but it was in my dad's RM paintbook. If you've seen any of the new Mustangs with that light orange around, it's close to that color. I mixed up the white myself. It's more of a cream white which gives it that oldschool look.

tsmustangs

Loc.
All Over
Hey nice work. I'm also working on a 77. Funny how different these things rust. I don't have the floor problems you have but my rear fenders both are rusted solid along the seams......

Problem is I enjoy driving it too much to tear it apart.....

Terry

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
tsmustangs said:
Hey nice work. I'm also working on a 77. Funny how different these things rust. I don't have the floor problems you have but my rear fenders both are rusted solid along the seams......

Problem is I enjoy driving it too much to tear it apart.....

Terry

I know what you mean, but when I got this thing shipped up from LA there was no way I'd be able to drive it around. It was either restore it, or vick all the salvageable parts off of it, and send the rest to the shredder. I chose the restoration path.

OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
Here's some pics of the tailgate I've been working on the last few days (thanks again Larry aka grauerfam). I think it said cowboy cadillac along the gate, but I love how you can read just cadillac in the pic. It's about the furthest thing from one. It sucks I've been unable to work on the tub these last couple of months, but I'm planning on hitting it hard in the middle of February. Anyway, the tailgate was in really good shape except for a small rust spot I fixed on the back side, and a dent on the fron of it. I own a stud welder, but was too lazy to mount the tailgate onto the tub to get a good pull. The other slide hammer I have requires drilling holes, but it's MUCH heavier so I get a better pull on it even when it's not mounted on the truck.

Attachments

• tail9.JPG
    tail9.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 129
  • tail8.JPG
    tail8.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 185
  • tail6.JPG
    tail6.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 191
  • tail5.JPG
    tail5.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 176
  • tail4.JPG
    tail4.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 142
  • tail3.JPG
    tail3.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 138
  • tail2.JPG
    tail2.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 103
  • tail1.JPG
    tail1.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 143
  • tail10.JPG
    tail10.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 212
  • tail11.JPG
    tail11.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 121
  • tail12.JPG
    tail12.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 111
  • tail13.JPG
    tail13.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:
OP
OP
sellitall

sellitall

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Malvern, Pennsylva
............................and some more pics. Here's the rest of the tailgate pics and the pass. side fender I started working on.

The second pic shows just how much metal I cut off the tub. I was thinking about taking it back to the mediablaster to see if he would refund some of my money.

Attachments

• tail15.JPG
    tail15.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 89
  • tail14.JPG
    tail14.JPG
    160.8 KB · Views: 158
  • fender 001.jpg
    fender 001.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 131
  • fender 002.jpg
    fender 002.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 80
  • fender 003.jpg
    fender 003.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 95
  • fender 004.jpg
    fender 004.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 111
  • fender 006.jpg
    fender 006.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 92
  • fender 007.jpg
    fender 007.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 100

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Man, I don't know what I'm more impressed with, the work you have done to your rig, or your extensive documentation and sharing it with us. You have me geeked to get started on mine. Which was in good shape before Katrina kicked the hell out of it. The good thing is that I wouldn't have done a frame off before, but will now and in the long run it will surely be benefical. Thanks again!

JohnJohn

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Great rebuild and thanks for sharing.

I am 95% done with sheet metal replacement on my 77 frame off but have not pulled it from the frame yet. Your post helps.

I am located close to your area. I would like to use your rotisserie but I don’t think it would work on a tub with the front sheet metal still attached.