• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My Lift Mod...Got 'er done!

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
...My old one had egged out so the bushings wouldn't fit. 2 ruined bushing kits later, I got a new, adjustable track bar

The stock '76 and '77 trackbars actually had an oval-shaped upper eye.
http://www.wildhorses4x4.com/product/Trac_Bar_Bushings_7677yr
Earlier models, and the aftermarket bars use the round style.
Doesn't mean yours wasn't in fact egged out though. Just means that they are oval shaped from the factory.

...Do I really need one for a 2.5 inch lift?

What will happen if I need one, but don't have one?

As was already said, you don't "need" one to perform the lift. So if you don't have one your stock one should still work out. But also as mentioned, you're theoretically shifting your axle over to the driver's side by at least some amount. Depending on where it was at ride height to begin with, this could be a non-issue, or on the other hand something work correcting.
To be perfectly centered, you might need an adjustable one. But the truck should still drive decent without one. Only a little driving around will tell for sure.

Paul

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
New shoes are on...

I literally just pulled out of the shop and got this photo taken. The tires are amazing, love the way the ride feels. Of course it looks even better than I'd hoped. I'm really glad I went with this tire/wheel combo. These are Cooper S/T Maxx 33x12.5x15 on 15x8 wheels.

Attachments

• WP_20140502_006.jpg
    WP_20140502_006.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 85

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!Just wandering is the rear leaves 2.5 inch lift? I'm trying to decided if I want to go same lift as I have in front 3.5 inch, I see its a little higher in back.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Love the look. Now you need to push the axle back 1" and get the tire centered under the flare ;) #NeverDone

OP
OP
blamejane

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
LOOKS GREAT!!!!!Just wandering is the rear leaves 2.5 inch lift? I'm trying to decided if I want to go same lift as I have in front 3.5 inch, I see its a little higher in back.

I purchased the 2.5 inch lift, so I guess that would mean the rear leaves are 2.5 inch.

Love the look. Now you need to push the axle back 1" and get the tire centered under the flare ;) #NeverDone

I noticed the same thing as soon as I saw the picture. I read about the suggestion on Torch's suspension swap thread. I really wish I had moved it back, but in a way I'm glad that I didn't add that to the swap. I mean, now that I've done the suspension, I'm know this is something I can do as another project.

Looks great Val

Thanks Chief!!

After doing some research I did go ahead and have the tires balanced with 6 oz of airsoft bb's. Worked great and so far the balance feels perfect.

fordfan

Bronco Guru
It don't look like the same Bronco! Looks great! New tires makes it feel really nice too!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Way to go Val! Truck looks really good and I am sure that your Dad Grins like a Chesire Cat from EAR to EAR whenever y'all work on it together. Great Job! ;D