• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My luck SUX as usual!!!!!!

msuforeman

Well tonight I totally finished up my WH full length header install. I torqued the stage 8 bolts to spec, put back in the spark plugs and added the spark plug boot protectors. Then I added the locking caps and c-clips to the stage 8 bolts---boy was that alot of fun. I'm about to fire this puppy up and see what it sounds like. WELLLLLLLLL, I get to the last c-clip (and I mean last for both sides) and it falls out of my hand. I go to grab it under my bronco and behold part of the header gasket is lying on the ground. Part of the Earl gasket evidently came apart when I slid the passenger side header into place. So guess what I had to do--Yep, take off all the c-clips, unbolt all the bolts (completly) and remove the header to take off the gasket. Why does this type of $hit always have to happen to me? Why can't anything be easy? Anyway, just had to vent a little.

Thanks,
Brian

justinsane

Loc.
Casper, Wyoming
I feel your pain. My rear discs took three sets of calipers and 2 sets of brackets to get it right. Not even my fault, bad calipers, brackets too long. Hang in there, we all go through it sometimes (maybe always).

Good Luck,
Brian

doc_74

Loc.
Gonzales , Louisiana
Brian, that's what I forgot to tell you, sometimes the bronco seems cursed. Nothing ever went as planned the first time when I had it. Man, I'm having withdrawals.

Jason

KST1

My Dad always said "Noth'n good is ever easy."

He usually came out with that when I came in from the shop complaining about some upgrade/fab project that wasn't working out right.

Still sux sometimes... :-

-D

rstgermaine

1) If it were easy, everyone would do it.

2) That which does't kill you makes you stronger.

3) It means more to you if you had to fight for it.

lobo

Loc.
Seattle Washington
LOL i HEAR YEAH!!!! OVER A YEAR AND A HALF AND MY WIFE STILL HAS TO RIDE IN THE BRONCO WITH OUT IT BREAKING DOWN! THAT IS THE WORST LUCK OF ALL NOW SHE HATES THE THING AND i AM STARTING TO. LOL ONE TIME SHE GOT OUT AND IT STARTED AND THEN SHE GOT IN AND IT DIED THREE TIMES IN A ROW!

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=lobo link=board=5;threadid=17501;start=0#msg134980 date=1053406070]
LOL i HEAR YEAH!!!! OVER A YEAR AND A HALF AND MY WIFE STILL HAS TO RIDE IN THE BRONCO WITH OUT IT BREAKING DOWN! THAT IS THE WORST LUCK OF ALL NOW SHE HATES THE THING AND i AM STARTING TO. LOL ONE TIME SHE GOT OUT AND IT STARTED AND THEN SHE GOT IN AND IT DIED THREE TIMES IN A ROW!
[/quote]

She(EB) is pissed you brought in another woman. ;D

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
[quote author=rstgermaine link=board=5;threadid=17501;start=0#msg133973 date=1053120342]
1) If it were easy, everyone would do it.

2) That which does't kill you makes you stronger.

3) It means more to you if you had to fight for it.
[/quote]

You forgot:

4) Chicks Dig scars

supermottl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Indian Harbour Bch,
[quote author=msuforeman link=board=5;threadid=17501;start=0#msg133769 date=1053055284]
Well tonight I totally finished up my WH full length header install. I torqued the stage 8 bolts to spec, put back in the spark plugs and added the spark plug boot protectors. Then I added the locking caps and c-clips to the stage 8 bolts---boy was that alot of fun. I'm about to fire this puppy up and see what it sounds like. WELLLLLLLLL, I get to the last c-clip (and I mean last for both sides) and it falls out of my hand. I go to grab it under my bronco and behold part of the header gasket is lying on the ground. Part of the Earl gasket evidently came apart when I slid the passenger side header into place. So guess what I had to do--Yep, take off all the c-clips, unbolt all the bolts (completly) and remove the header to take off the gasket. Why does this type of $hit always have to happen to me? Why can't anything be easy? Anyway, just had to vent a little.

Thanks,
Brian
[/quote]

Brian,
Which Headers did yuou get? Ceramic? how do you like the quality, otherwise. And, how do you think the Stage 8 bolts will work?
How hard was the install?
Thanks

I feel yer pain too - while doing my front disc conversion, I got one wrong spindle, and only found out when I went to put on the new bearings/hub/rotor assy, and the bearings wouldn' fit over the spindle.... arrrg

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

[quote author=supermottl link=board=5;threadid=17501;start=0#msg135081 date=1053445030]
[quote author=msuforeman link=board=5;threadid=17501;start=0#msg133769 date=1053055284]

Thanks,
Brian
[/quote]

Brian,
Which Headers did yuou get? Ceramic? how do you like the quality, otherwise. And, how do you think the Stage 8 bolts will work?
How hard was the install?
Thanks

I feel yer pain too - while doing my front disc conversion, I got one wrong spindle, and only found out when I went to put on the new bearings/hub/rotor assy, and the bearings wouldn' fit over the spindle.... arrrg
[/quote]

The quality seems fine. They are the WH headers for 174.99. When I got them in the mail I sandblasted them and repainted them myself. The stage 8 bolts sure look like they will work. There are 2 of them that I can't get on b/c the header tube is too close to the bolt. On install: Drivers side I had to unbolt front driveshaft and it slid right in from the bottom. Don't waste your time trying to get it in from the top. Passenger side I went in from the bottom w/o a problem.

I'll let you know by the end of the week how they work with the new borlas.

Brian