• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My new 600 dollar ride.... build

Rox Crusher

Bronco Guru
Alright , After a weekend of mechanical follies here where I stand,
I put new points and condencer in the dizzy....And the carb was stopped up,
So I got a carb kit for my POS motorcraft 4300 4 barrel.....I spent most of the day rebuilding it..It fired up and ran finally not well but ran...I couldn't get it to idle so I got out the timing light , found the timing marks (all rusted over) and fired it up......WTF I couldnt get the marks to come in to the line up point no matter how I moved the dizzy....and it smoked and sounded awful..So I went back to basics found where # 1 should be bumped the engine to exhause stroke to top dead center #1 and moved the dizzy to my surprise it was off a few teeth on the gear .....So after putting it all back and fighting to get the dizzy seated again(being careful not to loose the pickup tube into the motor) It fired and sounded really good ..I got the timimg light set up again and got ready to time it and cranked it and someone had left a bolt out of the starter and it broke the ear off and hit the floor....I threw every tool I could find and came inside for a beer.......all this fun and I have only had her 7 days

sounds like the beginning of a beautiful relationship

;D

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I feel you pain! Just keep at it and it will get done.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Todays progress to see the real damage

Attachments

• IMG_3841.jpg
    IMG_3841.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3849.jpg
    IMG_3849.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 180
  • IMG_3842.jpg
    IMG_3842.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_3838.jpg
    IMG_3838.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 179
  • IMG_3831.jpg
    IMG_3831.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Holy rusted metal is right robin.......The plan its to get the sheet metal back to decent shape, and get some lift and work on the axles , ie..Some lockers and upgrades for strength add a cage and some body protection, this is going to be a rider not a show queen...I stoped my frame up resto on my 70 to work the kinks out of this one so the wife and I can get out in and enjoy it.... pretty much make a moderate wheeler... I can bring to bronco events......

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
Very nice.. Obviously a lot of work, throwing things, busted knucles and cursing ahead. All worth it. Enjoy..

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Yeah I have arlready got some battled wounded knuckles and thrown some wrenches..LIke after working a week to get it running and finally getting it going and down to the final timing adjustment and the starter fell out ...lol
Live and learn when it comes to po modifications leave nothing to chance

Last edited:

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
You are 100%.. you always have to do a little CSI to figure out PO mods.. Good thing is, there is a bunch of helpful people on here. Not me, but others. :)

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Well I got her cleaned out and all the multiple layers of floor patches and gallons of clear silicone mostly stripped out ..Where did my bronco go????

Attachments

• IMG_3852.jpg
    IMG_3852.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3857.jpg
    IMG_3857.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3855.jpg
    IMG_3855.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3866.jpg
    IMG_3866.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 165
OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
It does have a few decent mods ...that need finished naturally

Attachments

• IMG_3864.jpg
    IMG_3864.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG_3862.jpg
    IMG_3862.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 176

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Progress. Oh yeah!! :) she"l have a nice protective layer/liner on there soon.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Yeah some sheetmetal, the grinder and and the mig , a little seam sealer and were off ..lol this is the slow part doing it after work ....

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
I knew I would have a bunch of work to do since it was a 600 dollar ride...But I really wasnt expecting the inside to be so much worse than the outside, It had really decent carpet in it and it felt solid...but there were like 4 to 6 layers of floor patches , over floor patches, once I got those out ...whalaa nothing left......

Lee

Last edited:
OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
I got the old ds floor cut out, repared the crossmember and cut/bent the new ds floor pan to fit .....I have to replace the rocker so I wanted something substancial to weld back to ..........14 ga floor pans for strength...
ps floorboard ready for cut and fitment

Attachments

• IMG_3867.jpg
    IMG_3867.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3869.jpg
    IMG_3869.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_3873.jpg
    IMG_3873.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 155
OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
OH yeah and It runs....Not well ...... but runs. and I work in a manufacturing plant, so all the panels They make for me for free ,if its out of scrap ......so really good deal..I didnt go with stock pans cause its going to be a wheeler and its gonna get banged on ...