• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

My new 600 dollar ride.... build

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Here is the new lady of the house ....600 dollars .....

1973 ...302..... 3 speed hurst in the floor, twin stick t case.....tons of rust......

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
Looks like a mighty nice six hundred dollar investment to me ;D

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
I have to say, that looks pretty good for $600 bucks. If it runs, even better. You can replace almost every piece of metal in there for $3-4000. So the rust shouldn't be that big of an issue.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
yeah most of the out side is really decent ....the floor boards and rockers and door pilars a re toasted but....it does run I cant get it running at the moment but its did move under its own power ....

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
My first bronco is a 70 model my wife bought me for fathers day for 500 dollars..then I bought this one from a buddy after he found out his 3rd kid is in the oven lol..

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
good for you! i think that's quite a bit of truck for 600.....congrats!

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
;DGood Deal! Now the fun begins. LOL!!!! Good Luck with the build and keep us updated.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Excellent.. Congrats on the new build, look forward to it.

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Well After a week of fighting with a bad pertronix igniton unit I went back to points and condencer and she lives.....;D

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Thanks, I did all new flex gas lines and filters and fuel pump today got fire, got fuel, jusnt need a carb rebuild kit andl I should be set

OP
OP
HOJO

HOJO

Loc.
Cedar Bluff, VA
Alright , After a weekend of mechanical follies here where I stand,
I put new points and condencer in the dizzy....And the carb was stopped up,
So I got a carb kit for my POS motorcraft 4300 4 barrel.....I spent most of the day rebuilding it..It fired up and ran finally not well but ran...I couldn't get it to idle so I got out the timing light , found the timing marks (all rusted over) and fired it up......WTF I couldnt get the marks to come in to the line up point no matter how I moved the dizzy....and it smoked and sounded awful..So I went back to basics found where # 1 should be bumped the engine to exhause stroke to top dead center #1 and moved the dizzy to my surprise it was off a few teeth on the gear .....So after putting it all back and fighting to get the dizzy seated again(being careful not to loose the pickup tube into the motor) It fired and sounded really good ..I got the timimg light set up again and got ready to time it and cranked it and someone had left a bolt out of the starter and it broke the ear off and hit the floor....I threw every tool I could find and came inside for a beer.......all this fun and I have only had her 7 days