• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

my very first restoration..

nbo62

Loc.
eau claire
hello,still new to the bronco brotherhood,but been using the sight for guidance for my first frame off restoration.i have the body off ,the engine is pulled and so on and now i am getting ready to remove the front axle. my question is i want to remove ball joint at the pitman arm and ive seen different ways to do it.pickle fork,or 2 bfh.i dont have the fork ,willing to buy,but i have some really really nice bfh"s.if i bang the hammers how hard do you swing those bad boys.i dont want to destroy anything. any ideas on this ,please let me know..thanks in advance.. some pics added in my gallery http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php/photo/21639

Last edited:

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
pickle fork is pretty cheap, and you will use it again somewhere for something else...

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
Pickle fork - definately worth getting. Autozone will allow you to buy and return if money is tight (considered "loaning" in their ads) . Harbor freight has a long handle version for about $10.

Regarding how hard - I spray them down with lubricant, give a few light taps, then usually one good hit.

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'm impressed, you have the shell off but don't have a pickle fork, you da man!

now, take some pics for us and show us what your doing...

OP
OP
N

nbo62

Loc.
eau claire
i have some pics i will post .i sort through some and try to post..oh and the hammer worked..pics are in my gallery.will send along more as time progresses

Last edited: